What's new

Help on taking apart washing machine ?

silversnacher

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2012
Messages
627
Reaction score
92
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is an old washing machine in my woods and I was wondering if there could be old coins that slipped through the cracks of it during use and if anyone has any ideas or if this is even worth a shot? Thanks
 
You won't know unless you try and if you don't try you'll be wondering about it for a long time, right? Rip that thing apart
 
Pry bar and a hammer if you think there may be silver somewhere in it show no mercy...:laughing7:
 
it's will pay you dividend either way.....scrap it...
 
Look to remove agitator,usually top of it loosens to remove or don,t get pinched raise it a little. An aunt and uncle owned a park and she would check them on occasion. a little research on removal should speed process.
 
The thing is I don't want to destroy it, I like all the old stuff in there :)
 
does this washer have a gas powered motor attached to it
or is it electric
I remenber my brother getting his arm pulled through the ringer
 
I have taken several washers and dryers apart, so here's the scoop. Money can not get out of the drum on a washer, the holes are to small, but it can get under the agitator. Just place the machine on it's front and look inside. The coins, if any, will fall into view in the drum. Any coins in a dryer will be in the filter. Frank

111-1 profile.webp
 
Is the agitator the thing on top of the metal pole? Sorry I don't know much about this type of thing...
 
So your saying any coins would be under the pole right?
 
Agitator is the thing that does the cha cha to stir the cloths. Driven by vertical shaft from transmission. A seal under it keeps water from leaving bottom of tub. So frankn has it right,just tilt washer on its side,(if reasonably clean)anything under it should slide out.
 
Thanks for the tips everybody :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom