ParkHunter61
Full Member
- #1
Thread Owner
I have a new Silver Umax .
This is my first Tesoro but not my
first detector......
I have about 15 hrs on it so far
and I keep doing air tests and
I'm disappointed.
I want to know if my unit needs to be fixed.
Help.
With stock brown coil it gets 8'' in air test
with sens at 10 and in all metal..
With 10x12 coil it gets 1'' more with
same settings..
Do I need to send it back?
Bill
This is my first Tesoro but not my
first detector......
I have about 15 hrs on it so far
and I keep doing air tests and
I'm disappointed.
I want to know if my unit needs to be fixed.
Help.
With stock brown coil it gets 8'' in air test
with sens at 10 and in all metal..
With 10x12 coil it gets 1'' more with
same settings..
Do I need to send it back?
Bill
. I was extremely frustrated and felt completely incapable of working with it. After much reading and lots of practice, I'm slowly getting the hang of my machine. Do I still glance at the control box looking for a depth reading? Yup.
While I do miss it, I'm noticing that the more I swing, the more "in tune" I am becoming with the way it works and the less I need to worry about a screen. I too, was once blinded by the "swag" of the high dollar machines (still am sometimes), but have made enough great finds in the short while I have owned a Tesoro product to know I'll most likely never look back. There are many here that swear by their "Silvers" - all with good reason. Just takes time - especially after using something else for a long period of time. I hope you are able to get it figured out and also that you stay with us here on T'net.
Seriously, the folks who are really good at this always say that depth is not as important as other features. Depth with Tesoros is good if not great and a Tesoro will put most other models to shame when it comes to the really important stuff like target separation and masking. That's why if you are hunting a site that has an average amount of trash or higher the smaller coil will find you more good stuff than the stock coil even though you will lose a little bit of depth. And if I didn't see it I wouldn't be too quick to believe it when somebody talks about that amazingly deep coin they dug.






