What's new

Help Please

The longer you leave that quarter in the ground, the stronger that signal will get (halo effect). I dropped a quarter in an 8in hole and got nothing with my cibola, I was pissed. I checked it again a few days later and there it was.
 
The air test results that you got are the same that I got on my Cortes using the same coils.
 
I checked my Silver uMax with both the stock and the 10 x 12 coils and I get the same airtest readings. I've done well with mine. Most detectors get about the same depth in an airtest. Most of the rest of the cost is bells and whistles. So in that regard, you paid a nice, affordable price to be a part of this great hobby.


I'll be excited to see what you find.



Best Wishes,



Buckles
 
I don't think the problem is in the detector, I think you are the problem.

You need to get out and use the detector to learn the detector. Everyone else who chimed in on this subject is right also. No two detectors are going to air test the same, lots of variables there on the setting up of the machine.

I am not looking for things in the air, I am looking for things in the ground. I have been doing this since 1970 and have had over 25 different detectors, if not more. It's all in the user. Also, you get what you pay for. Believe me a high end Tesoro is as good, if not better that high end machines from other companies. I know my Tejon is extremely deep in very wet soil, and I found this out by using it.
 
ParkHunter61 said:
Dug a plug today at my apartment, I
put a new quarter 6 1/2'' down and replaced
the plug very gently.
Using stock coil I got a good signal and
I had to lift the coil about 2'' before losing the signal...
I was very pleased with that ..
Bill

Nice to hear results of a real test. Thanks.
People saying they dug a coin and looked at their 8" hole means very little to me.
Tests like you and I did make more sense IMHO.

I think Ill do tests like ive done in other soil and see what happens.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom