What's new

Help please!!!

olekyground

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2009
Messages
1,565
Reaction score
429
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in a field right now that has been plowed and dissed. Looking for arrowheads. My question is is there ant special tips you guys could give me to bring me loser to finding them. Thanks
 
Upvote 0
I've been in the field while plowing, it's hard to see em. I have to look harder based on the fact that dirt covers or attached to the flint. Also in my area of SE Louisiana, the flint is almost an orangish color that makes em stand out in the different color of the dirt. Best way of finding is waiting for a rain.

I'm moving your post to American Indian Artifacts, where you will get more feedback.
 
Last edited:
394682_2236508049933_1249128642_n.webp 528411_2910945350444_1445158275_n.webp This is how it looks after a rain...different areas of the country the soil type is different & the flint may be a different color. Good luck & happy hunting. Please show us pics of your finds.
 
Your eye will improve at spotting your local material pretty quickly..at first ..do just as they said..a stick helps so you can flip pieces out of the soil without bending over for every one.. since every one that looks like Flint you should check out.
 
Up here there are places where the ground is nothing but ''type'' material, so you have to go real slow and pick out colors and shapes. It takes time, but after a while you will get the hang of it. Sometimes it helps if you put the sun in the background so you can see the material reflect in the sun light.
 
Last edited:
Get yourself a long flipping stick. I use a land marker stake that is 4 ft long cause I am tall. I like the wood so it doesnt scratch the artifacts when you flip them out. And it helps as protection in case I see a snake or larger animal. So far I havent had to use it like that. This will help your back cause there will be so many broken pieces you will be tired of bending over at the end of the day.
 

Attachments

  • 100_2208.webp
    100_2208.webp
    777.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 100_2209.webp
    100_2209.webp
    263 KB · Views: 88

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom