Help Raccoon problem

hill_billiez

Sep 16, 2012
SW PA
Detector(s) used
AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess you never used pepper spray to know it jets away from the user. Sure a strong wind can push some of it back, but only a fool would stand there waiting for it or the coons to come flying out of there to attack you. Besides, there's not much wind where the coons were as it was enclosed.

You should get some Sabre Red 1.33% and discharge it in an enclosed area. Let me know how it turns out.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I highly recommend that you move both out since the raccoons will still leave diseases behind with poop.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I highly recommend that you move both out since the raccoons
will still leave diseases behind with poop.

They'll be some puppy poop, but mama won't poop around the
den site. 'Coons are particular where they take a dump, and,
much like river otters, they generally only poop in their designated
toilet area.

Hopefully, they'll be some insulation between the cubs and the
drywall of the ceiling for the room underneath them..otherwise
you should bring a spatula and wear a good mask.

A fox, OTOH, will drop a load right on top of your stuff, expressing
their displeasure of your presence on their turf. shit-emoticon.gif

Last edited:

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
You should get some Sabre Red 1.33% and discharge it in an enclosed area. Let me know how it turns out.

The enclosed area was where the coons hid out and I didn't fit in there. Even if it was a larger area, as I said before I'd run away from it for obvious reasons that escaped you.

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I spoke with Brian Toomanyhobies he was very very helpful I put a cage at the exit and blocked everything except the exit. I did this in the day time. it did come half way into the cage and turned around and forced its way pushing some landscape bricks out of the way to get out. Well the next day I reinforced everything even more chicken wire you name it if it wants out only way is through the cage. Well I think that it must not have come back in because We dont hear it on the ceiling the last 2 days but it tried to get back in 1 night ago but could not and so far no more sightings or noise in the ceiling. I know they will or might rip your roof off if their are babies inside but we havent heard any babies so hopefully it went away for good.I have cameras on the roof I did sprinkle Coyote urine on the roof and some of my own. Before all this I did try cat food sardines marshmallows ect it must have been trapped before.I dont want to hurt it but My Daughter and her Baby are more important Mobile Home roofs dont have attics I might call my insurance company to see if any damage would be covered it there is any I think its gone. I thnik if Not Ill buy a stuffed Coyote soak it in Coyote urine or get an electical fence or get a 10 by 10 piece of sheet metal grease it up and make it into a funnel into a trap lol. I think toomanyhobbies advice really helped though I think I ended up blocking it out which wasnt the plan but hopefully it has moved on .Thanks everyone for all your suggestions Ill keep everyone updated. Tommy A2coins

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tommy, glad to hear it has departed the scene. Did the 'coon
look fat to you? (as in still preggy). 'Coons are smarter than
people give them credit for, and if she/he had been live trapped
before they learned not to walk in the trap.

FWIW, 'Coon cubs are deaf and blind for about the first three weeks
after birth, so they wouldn't be making any noise right now. If there's
a way to get in there and check, I certainly would suggest it.

If you do find live kits, just put them in a box on the ground and
mama should come back and get them.

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look up Lewis and Clark Ghost guns! Air rifles that they used to take out Buffalo...

The Girardoni air rifle was designed by Bartholomäus Girardoni of the Princely County of Tyrol (today part of Italy and Austria). The rifle was used from 1780 to around 1790 as the service rifle of the Austrian Military; its high rate of fire, smokeless propellants and rather soft muzzle report caused it to gain initial acceptance in the Austrian army, but its mechanical complexity for the time caused it to be dropped from service and relegated to a sniper role.

The Girardoni was famous for being associated with the Lewis and Clark Expedition, where Cpt. Meriwether Lewis and 2LT William Clark used this weapon in nearly all the demonstrations that they had performed for the Native Americans while on said expedition.

After the weapon's removal from service in the Austrian Army, they were ordered to be destroyed; however, there are some surviving examples.

The rifle uses a .46 caliber lead ball, with a .20 — 22-round gravity-fed tube magazine. The weapon had a loading lever which was located on the left side of the weapon. Pushing the lever caused a ball to drop onto said lever and be pushed into the barrel. The reservoir is a club-shaped apparatus that also acts as the weapon's stock and is screwed onto the rear of the weapon; pressure is estimated to be about 800 — 850 psi.
As with most weapons of the time, the Girardoni was hammer-fired. The hammer has two positions as with most weapons of the time; half-cock and full-cock. When placed in full-cock and fired, a small rod in the rear of the weapon protrudes out and releases a check valve in the reservoir, which releases air into the rifle and fires the weapon.

5531524.jpeg.jpg

https://americansocietyofarmscollec...-A-Brief-History-of-the-Airgun-of-Meriwet.pdf

OMG!

Attachments

• Girardoni.jpg
    Girardoni.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 33
  • lewis-clark-air-rifle-blog.jpg
    lewis-clark-air-rifle-blog.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

hill_billiez

Sep 16, 2012
SW PA
Detector(s) used
AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For looking into enclosed/tight areas, get an endoscope. Small 3/8” camera on a 25’ cord that displays onto smartphone. About $40 on Amazon.

outlaws15

Jul 1, 2020
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats cool. Im thinking of buying one. Wow, never knew about them. I have a old Sheridan and a Beeman. So that video was cool. I'll do a little research, but whats cool is I have my own fill station for scuba tanks. All my connections are DIN, I think I have a yoke adapter to fill tanks that have yoke valves. Little more investigation.

Look up Lewis and Clark Ghost guns! Air rifles that they used to take out Buffalo...

The Girardoni air rifle was designed by Bartholomäus Girardoni of the Princely County of Tyrol (today part of Italy and Austria). The rifle was used from 1780 to around 1790 as the service rifle of the Austrian Military; its high rate of fire, smokeless propellants and rather soft muzzle report caused it to gain initial acceptance in the Austrian army, but its mechanical complexity for the time caused it to be dropped from service and relegated to a sniper role.

The Girardoni was famous for being associated with the Lewis and Clark Expedition, where Cpt. Meriwether Lewis and 2LT William Clark used this weapon in nearly all the demonstrations that they had performed for the Native Americans while on said expedition.

After the weapon's removal from service in the Austrian Army, they were ordered to be destroyed; however, there are some surviving examples.

The rifle uses a .46 caliber lead ball, with a .20 — 22-round gravity-fed tube magazine. The weapon had a loading lever which was located on the left side of the weapon. Pushing the lever caused a ball to drop onto said lever and be pushed into the barrel. The reservoir is a club-shaped apparatus that also acts as the weapon's stock and is screwed onto the rear of the weapon; pressure is estimated to be about 800 — 850 psi.
As with most weapons of the time, the Girardoni was hammer-fired. The hammer has two positions as with most weapons of the time; half-cock and full-cock. When placed in full-cock and fired, a small rod in the rear of the weapon protrudes out and releases a check valve in the reservoir, which releases air into the rifle and fires the weapon.

View attachment 1922749

https://americansocietyofarmscollec...-A-Brief-History-of-the-Airgun-of-Meriwet.pdf

OMG!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread