πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION Help returning a class ring.

sirlostalot

Jul 22, 2004
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Found a 1983 class ring from Narragansett Regional High School. Name inside of ring is Scott D. May. Could someone contact him and let him know I have his class ring.
Thanks Bruce"

UPDATE
Did a search for reunions for this class at this school. Found the guys name and a town that he lived in. So I did a search for a phone number in the town it said he lived in. No phone but got an address. Shot off a short letter about the ring and got no reply. About three weeks later my letter was returned because he didn't live there any more. So back to the computer and pull his name up again this time it show four places he lived. It also showed some family members so I run their name in the white pages and got a phone number. Left a message saying I was looking for Mrs. so and so and I was wondering if you know Scott May because I had his class ring. About an hour later I get a phone call back saying my mom doesn't live here anymore but the guy you are looking for is my brother. She said she called him and gave him my number. He called a little while later. He hasn't seen it since High School and has no idea how it got in Indiana because he's never been there. But it's back home now.
slahsring.jpg slahsring2.jpg slahsring3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey sirlost,

Here's the address and telephone for Narragansett High:

"464 Baldwinville Rd, Baldwinville, MA 01436
District: Narragansett School District
Phone: (978) 939-5388"

You might contact them to find Scott. Good luck.

220px-NarragansettSeal.png

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
sirlostalot:

Any luck? Perhaps there is an on-line alumni association for that high school.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice work on returning that ring. I am sure you will be rewarded in some way. My hat is off to you:notworthy:

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Well played, Sir!

Perhaps someone here on TN could put together a Guide - How To Return A Class Ring. I'm sure many TN Members have tips and could offer ideas that work.

This kind of positive PR could go a long way towards changing the imagine some people have of treasure hunters! I can see a nice photo in the local paper, a complete stranger from another state returning a class ring!

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Well played, Sir!

Perhaps someone here on TN could put together a Guide - How To Return A Class Ring. I'm sure many TN Members have tips and could offer ideas that work.

This kind of positive PR could go a long way towards changing the image some people have of treasure hunters! I can see a nice photo in the local paper, a complete stranger from another state returning a class ring!

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

PS: How did that ring find its way into another state? I don't know Mr. May or anything about his life and times, but I'd put my money on an old girl friend...

holeDiver

Dec 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello I am from gardner wich is ten min. Away. From Templeton that school was in ma.?

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk

holeDiver

Dec 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you find the owner

holeDiver

Dec 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeing. I'm so close if I could help I would love to

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
holeDiver:

It's a bit confusing. Please return to the original post, where sirlostalot provided an Update. Took me a while to figure that one out, as well!

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lostalot - Great job of investigating!!! I just helped another member of TN in California track down the relatives of a WWII vet that had lost his Dogtags. It's actually very interesting to search and talk to people. Way to put in the time and research, makes me happy to know there are people like you out there. I always try to get that lost valuable back to the rightful owner.

Blue-Ribbon-Fair.jpg

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ring has been returned to the owner per this update...

UPDATE
Did a search for reunions for this class at this school. Found the guys name and a town that he lived in. So I did a search for a phone number in the town it said he lived in. No phone but got an address. Shot off a short letter about the ring and got no reply. About three weeks later my letter was returned because he didn't live there any more. So back to the computer and pull his name up again this time it show four places he lived. It also showed some family members so I run their name in the white pages and got a phone number. Left a message saying I was looking for Mrs. so and so and I was wondering if you know Scott May because I had his class ring. About an hour later I get a phone call back saying my mom doesn't live here anymore but the guy you are looking for is my brother. She said she called him and gave him my number. He called a little while later. He hasn't seen it since High School and has no idea how it got in Indiana because he's never been there. But it's back home now.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent sleuth work "my dear Watson"!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread