What's new

Help to ID old button

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2011
Messages
1,734
Reaction score
2,760
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, Nokta Triple Score, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm thinking this could possibly be a French or Prussian military button but just a wild guess. Besides using just plain water to clean it I have not done anything else to it. There is a makers mark on the backside but it is hard to decipher just as the front. Any thoughts?
 

Attachments

  • Button.webp
    Button.webp
    319.6 KB · Views: 150
You should also post a photo of it wet/damp.. It helps bring out some detail when it's in that condition.
 
Here is the button when it is a little damp. To me it looks like an eagle perched on a horn and I've scoured the internet trying to match it up but with no luck.
 

Attachments

  • Button.webp
    Button.webp
    208.4 KB · Views: 139
Interesting button! I think it could be a match or close to this one which I researched a couple months ago-

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/533325-help-identifying-button.html

Possibly a Prussia Postal Uniform button..? Or could be military.

Preußischer Postknopf? - Schatzsucher.de

Pretty neat that these are turning up in the US.

Thanks a bunch Bramblefind. I'm thinking this is the button I have. Still not sure if it is a postal or military button though. I could not determine this from the threads on the German site.

Also just so you know, I recently took a trip to Germany and this is where I found the button.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom