What's new

Help with artifact ID...

relichuntlenny

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 20, 2016
Messages
7
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
Christiansburg, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this artifact in the same location as I found the points I posted earlier in the week. I was wondering if anyone can enlighten me as to whether this may be some sort of tool? I was thinking it may some sort of scraper, but wasn’t sure if there were any fashioned this small. It measures 23mm x 19mm. The first photo illustrates the artifact beside a dime for scale. The second photo is the opposite side, followed by a profile shot and the last image is viewing from the center of the edge which extends along 3 sides. Thank you very much for any assistance! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1556936649.912844.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1556936672.065560.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1556936710.431006.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1556936729.902888.webp
 
Upvote 0
Good material definitely worked as far as a tool it would make a nice thumb scraper
 
Nice material. Looks a lot like English flint. Maybe made from ballast material? Are you near the coast? Gary
 
I’m sure it’s flint but looks like has original cortex still attached I would think NA artifact I find a lot of similar ones here in Maryland along shores
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom