What's new

Help with artist

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone help with information on this artist?
 

Attachments

  • 61927B98-2A94-4284-9D96-110361574747.webp
    61927B98-2A94-4284-9D96-110361574747.webp
    315.1 KB · Views: 69
  • BB911184-0114-47A6-A4FD-9175ABFC8216.webp
    BB911184-0114-47A6-A4FD-9175ABFC8216.webp
    467.2 KB · Views: 49
  • F16E90CF-F51E-4C40-BA38-CDC3614B0068.webp
    F16E90CF-F51E-4C40-BA38-CDC3614B0068.webp
    374.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 268BD139-535D-4C2D-8C18-03A18CE273B2.webp
    268BD139-535D-4C2D-8C18-03A18CE273B2.webp
    467.2 KB · Views: 60
I’ve looked and can’t find anything on this artist.......don’t believe it is commercially done because it wouldn’t have the test paint to back of canvas
 
Upvote 0
I’ve looked and can’t find anything on this artist.......don’t believe it is commercially done because it wouldn’t have the test paint to back of canvas

Here's the only entry I've found so far....

https://www.artprice.com/artist/483260/m-liebert

Here's the verbiage from the site.

M. LIEBERT (XX) is an artist born in XX The oldest auction result ever registered on the website for an artwork by this artist is a drawing-watercolor sold in 2009, at Rachel Davis Fine Arts, and the most recent auction result is a drawing-watercolor sold in 2009. Artprice.com's price levels for this artist are based on 1 auction results. Especially: drawing-watercolor.

If it's the same M Liebert he/she did "Hotel Statler" in 1962. With your print being done in 1975 it wouldn't be a stretch for it being the same artist.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you ffuries
 
Upvote 0
I just seen that to when I posted. Thought they tried signing with same brush when painting but didn’t show up enough
 
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you guys your awesome
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom