jtw1313 Silver Member Joined Feb 5, 2013 Messages 3,728 Reaction score 2,099 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 21, 2019 #1 Pretty sure this is fifth regiment Ohio civil war hat......was found in Ohio.....would like to hear the opinions of the tnet
Pretty sure this is fifth regiment Ohio civil war hat......was found in Ohio.....would like to hear the opinions of the tnet
Charlie P. (NY) Gold Member Joined Feb 3, 2006 Messages 13,215 Reaction score 17,441 Golden Thread 0 Location South Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands Detector(s) used Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Nov 21, 2019 #2 I'm thinking M1895 US Forage Hat. More of the Spanish-American War era. Upvote 0
smokeythecat Platinum Member Joined Nov 22, 2012 Messages 20,926 Reaction score 41,158 Golden Thread 10 Location Maryland 🥇 Banner finds 10 Detector(s) used XP Deus II Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 21, 2019 #3 I think the eagle is post civil war. Can you read a backmark? The squareness of the hat leaves me to think it's also post Civil War. Upvote 0
I think the eagle is post civil war. Can you read a backmark? The squareness of the hat leaves me to think it's also post Civil War.
jtw1313 Silver Member Joined Feb 5, 2013 Messages 3,728 Reaction score 2,099 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 21, 2019 Thread Owner #4 ...... I can’t make out back mark only thing I think I can read is Pat July.........maybe G.A.R Hat Upvote 0
smokeythecat Platinum Member Joined Nov 22, 2012 Messages 20,926 Reaction score 41,158 Golden Thread 10 Location Maryland 🥇 Banner finds 10 Detector(s) used XP Deus II Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 21, 2019 #5 With those posts on the button and not an actual shank, I would place it well after the Civil War. Upvote 0
jtw1313 Silver Member Joined Feb 5, 2013 Messages 3,728 Reaction score 2,099 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 21, 2019 Thread Owner #6 I have also noticed That at some point there was a longer insignia that went across the top of the 5 and wreath Upvote 0
I have also noticed That at some point there was a longer insignia that went across the top of the 5 and wreath
NOLA_Ken Gold Member Joined Jan 4, 2011 Messages 5,221 Reaction score 4,180 Golden Thread 0 Location Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co Detector(s) used several, mostly Garrett Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 21, 2019 #7 Definitely Spanish American War era, I had one like it years ago that I found in an abandoned house. The 5 is off center which makes me think there was another number next to it that is missing. Upvote 0
Definitely Spanish American War era, I had one like it years ago that I found in an abandoned house. The 5 is off center which makes me think there was another number next to it that is missing.
tamrock Platinum Member Joined Jan 16, 2013 Messages 16,407 Reaction score 34,878 Golden Thread 0 Location Colorado Detector(s) used Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 22, 2019 #8 Neat find. Now if you come across a pair of green coveralls, you just hit the jackpot. Attachments images (1).webp 6.7 KB · Views: 160 Upvote 0
cw0909 Silver Member Joined Dec 24, 2006 Messages 4,421 Reaction score 3,239 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: Other Nov 22, 2019 #9 img copyrighted found these made by pettibone co. https://images.gunsinternational.co...CELLENT_101142059_108350_C2A9B71AFDFB2C3B.JPG made by https://images.gunsinternational.co...CELLENT_101142059_108350_3C20C615811CAD4C.JPG https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...ficer-s-kepi--excellent-.cfm?gun_id=101142059 ad by maker, rfd hat with the same wreath and a # https://postalmuseum.si.edu/rfdmarketing/images/Pettibone-bros-hads.jpg Upvote 0
img copyrighted found these made by pettibone co. https://images.gunsinternational.co...CELLENT_101142059_108350_C2A9B71AFDFB2C3B.JPG made by https://images.gunsinternational.co...CELLENT_101142059_108350_3C20C615811CAD4C.JPG https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...ficer-s-kepi--excellent-.cfm?gun_id=101142059 ad by maker, rfd hat with the same wreath and a # https://postalmuseum.si.edu/rfdmarketing/images/Pettibone-bros-hads.jpg
jtw1313 Silver Member Joined Feb 5, 2013 Messages 3,728 Reaction score 2,099 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 22, 2019 Thread Owner #10 Thanks for the comments and help everyone always appreciated Upvote 0