What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Help with coin ID

Ennismill

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2017
Messages
49
Reaction score
219
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Best picture I can get unless I clean it better. Just looking for some kind of ID before I clean it on up. Sorry best picture I could get
 

Attachments

  • 72176F7E-FCC6-4A5E-8D2D-5DD9D7BDD65A.webp
    72176F7E-FCC6-4A5E-8D2D-5DD9D7BDD65A.webp
    504.1 KB · Views: 173
Nice find I can see some detail coming through Difficult to make anything out, what size is it can you put another coin in for reference and a picture of the other side. You can also try holding a light to the side of it and shine across to possibly help get better detail for a picture.
 
Upvote 1
Nice find I can see some detail coming through Difficult to make anything out, what size is it can you put another coin in for reference and a picture of the other side. You can also try holding a light to the side of it and shine across to possibly help get better detail for a picture.
Yea rough picture. I didn’t want to mess up any detail cleaning it to much. It is modern penny sized.
 
Upvote 0
I see a wreath/laurel on the left side (Picture orientation) of the coin, a circle in the center of it, what looks like a 5 or S inside of that circle, and lettering, consisting of an A, on the right side of the coin.
 
Upvote 0
I see a wreath/laurel on the left side (Picture orientation) of the coin, a circle in the center of it, what looks like a 5 or S inside of that circle, and lettering, consisting of an A, on the right side of the coin.
All correct. There is a second ring like the inner one closer to the outside of the coin. Letter “A and T” showing
 
Upvote 0
'Button'... was my first thought, minus the loop.
It would also be helpful to have a coin pictured next to it for scale.
Dave
 

Attachments

  • 72176F7E-FCC6-4A5E-8D2D-5DD9D7BDD65A-crop.webp
    72176F7E-FCC6-4A5E-8D2D-5DD9D7BDD65A-crop.webp
    40.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Upvote 1
Yeap, flat button.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom