What's new

Help with lockplate ID

Riggleman

Full Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2016
Messages
226
Reaction score
1,232
Golden Thread
0
Location
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday I found this object at an 18th century homesite. It was dug over a foot deep, initially i thought it was an old hunting knife. After some looking i believe it is a lockplate. It is very different to 2 that I have found this year. It has a longer bar extending from the frizzen spring, also there is no powder pan that I can see. I am positive this is a lockplate but cannot find an example. I am currently running electrolisis to help with ID, I can post pictures when I get home from work. Any suggestions on model, type, or age would be greatly appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • 1523705479680.webp
    1523705479680.webp
    39.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 1523705490506.webp
    1523705490506.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 85
some cleaning will help, what you're calling a frizzen spring is actually the mainspring, it's a percussion lock, but I can't tell much more than that
 
Upvote 0
Ok guys here it is after some cleaning, im gonna run electrolysis a little more but hope these updated pics help
 

Attachments

  • 1523728425488.webp
    1523728425488.webp
    56.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 1523728445308.webp
    1523728445308.webp
    71.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 1523728462726.webp
    1523728462726.webp
    59.8 KB · Views: 79
Upvote 0
NEET BRITISH FIND/////?????????????????????????????
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom