What's new

Help with metal horse sculpture

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This seemed pretty cool to me it is huge more than 2 ft long.
The construction seemed better than a pier one thing. Any opinions appreciated
 
The patina looks to been spray painted on, portions of the metal body look to have been cast then hand finished. :icon_scratch:
Likely a modern piece... can you post a pic of the underside of the base?

Dave
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here is a pic of the bottom

I don’t think it to old myself but trying to figure out if it is massed production or someone actually made it
 
Upvote 0
When I was in high school a hundred years or so ago, we use to make things of similar nature in our metal shop classes. Maybe that was somebody's shop project.
 
Upvote 0
I’m good with that as long as it’s not China lol......shop class is better than China
 
Upvote 0
I've always told my daughter, "If it's heavy then it's expensive... put it down before you break it!" :laughing7:
Without actually being able to 'handle it', to me it looks like a quality sculpture.

Thanks for following up with a pic of the underside :thumbsup:

Dave
 
Upvote 0
When I was in high school a hundred years or so ago, we use to make things of similar nature in our metal shop classes. Maybe that was somebody's shop project.

I agree with creskol. Shop class project. Nicely done too.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the help and comments always appreciated
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom