What's new

Help with new detector

Laser74

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 30, 2017
Messages
4
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not new to metal detecting, I just haven't owned one in a long time. I used to have a Whites Eagle Spectrum but sold it years ago. Now I'm looking to buy another detector under $300. I am leaning toward the Teknetics Delta 4000. Think that is a safe bet??
Thanks for any help
 
I would look around for a discontinued Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro which a few sites seem to have for about $256 or the new version is the Ameritek Liberator which goes for $349 but you can easily get a $50 discount and free shipping coupon from several places.

https://www.tekneticsdirect.com

Way more features than that Delta and most importantly a bigger coil and ground balancing.

• V-Break®, variable tone breakpoint
• Pinpoint mode with depth indicator
• Discrimination, motion, no motion
• Variable notching
• Large 2-digit numeric Target-ID numbers, from 1-99
• Adjustable sensitivity and discrimination
• Ground Grab®, computerized ground balancing
• 2 search modes
• 4-Tone Audio-ID
• 11-inch waterproof DD searchcoil

Now includes a FREE Pinpointer!
 
I'm not new to metal detecting, I just haven't owned one in a long time. I used to have a Whites Eagle Spectrum but sold it years ago. Now I'm looking to buy another detector under $300. I am leaning toward the Teknetics Delta 4000. Think that is a safe bet??
Thanks for any help

Welcome to T-Net Laser74! :hello: With a budget of $300.00 you have a very good choice of machines and brands. Take some FREE advice, and visit our trusted Treasurenet Sponsors Supporting Vendors

Look at the Tesoro Silver uMax, and the Mojave, before you make your decision! :skullflag:
 
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post Laser7 - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
2nd - Whatever you finally decide on - please consider buying one from one of
tn_02.gif
's Supporting Vendors.
 
Also remember that with a budget of 300 dollars you will want to include a decent digging tool, pouch for finds and trash, and a pin-pointer. Nothing ruins detecting like not having the proper supporting tools.
 
Welcome to the forum from SoCal.
 
Welcome to T-Net Laser74! :hello: With a budget of $300.00 you have a very good choice of machines and brands. Take some FREE advice, and visit our trusted Treasurenet Sponsors Supporting Vendors

Look at the Tesoro Silver uMax, and the Mojave, before you make your decision! :skullflag:

Ditto
 
Thank you for your thought. I appreciate it. I never knew picking a detector would be so hard. I can't wait to finally have one and start hunting.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom