Help with the style of necklace.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'm missing I may be getting the material wrong because I've had no luck finding anything like this. I'm assuming the ball is Jade and then there's rose quartz and maybe another orange white quartz stone as well? Then the clasp is marked Sterling or silver. I'm not even sure if it's old or if it's just a reproduction. Thank you for your help!

image-1498947456.jpg

image-1614432524.jpg

image-2560221173.jpg

image-2253196520.jpg

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The orange beads may be carnelian. The medium clear carved beads could be Jade.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your help. What would you list something like this at? Probably not $.99 but what do you think a good starting price would be?

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The orange beads may be carnelian. The medium clear carved beads could be Jade.
I think you're alright on. I searched Carneilian jade necklace

. Found this one.

http://ebay.to/1Ew9NkE

Looks like a good starting point at least. Funny thing is my kids give me a dollar every two weeks and I go buy them something and I told my daughter she could have this one but I change my mind because I had to do more research on it. At $142 I'm glad I did change my mind! I'll give her a necklace that sells for about $20! But the catch is they get half the money the other half of whatever the item sells for goes in to their savings account.

Although I just found this one as well.

http://ebay.to/1wNdiRr

Last edited:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The really quality necklaces like pearl strands are tied & knotted between each stone so if it breaks you only lose one stone. These do not looked knotted which gives a clue to age and value...Very nice though...

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
The really quality necklaces like pearl strands are tied & knotted between each stone so if it breaks you only lose one stone. These do not looked knotted which gives a clue to age and value...Very nice though...
That's what I had heard also, but I found a thrift store pearl necklace with 14K clasp and beads in between the pearls. It was not knotted. If it were to break, the whole strand would be scattered.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread