What's new

Here are some neat Artifacts I have found (Love finding the Tools)

car209

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
35
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265 m-Scope/Whites coin master-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love finding the tools just about as much or more than the Arrowheads. This is just a fraction of my finds. All lgally of coarse.


1391114823455 - Copy.webp1391116331081.webp1391117278923.webpgroup2.webpIMG_0026.webpIMG_0053.webpIMG_0093.webpIMG_20140213_170521.webpIMG_20140213_173053.webpIMG_20140213_174621.webpIMG_20140801_153515.webp1391114761887.webp
 
Upvote 0
Lets see the arrowheads instead most of those are rocks or flakes. Not all but 99% of them. Sorry
 
thats why I have 6 COA's on them.
 
Someone gave you COA's on those pieces?? Seriously?? I'd like to know who so I know not to ever send anything to them since they obviously don't know a natural rock from and artifact. Other then the 3 flakes in the top row I don't see anything that even remotely resembles and artifact.
 
Here are the Arrowheads and other Artifacts

IMG_20140227_035552 - Copy.webp100_9167 - Copy.webpside veiw.webpIMG_0004.webpRecently Updated366.webp
 
Who do you send your stuff to , to get authenticated? I looked thru some of your previous post, and they are all about the same. People telling you they are just rocks. I was just curious WHO is authenticating your items. I too go out looking for Points and Native tools, and come across Sooo many things that Look to be something, but they turn out to be natural formations. There are alot of educated people on here, and I dont think they would steer you the wrong way if they felt you had something good. Have you and your Husband been doing this for awhile?
 
Whatever you think,thats fine. Maybe more experience will bring you to a better conclusion.
 
Whatever you think,thats fine. Maybe more experience will bring you to a better conclusion.

lol...Great way to make friends on here :thumbsup:
 
Car there are hundreds of years of combined experience here...

Members did not insult you, they gave their opinions which I also agree with.

You can disagree with their opinions but no need to insult them....
 
Take no offense with what I say car. I have been hunting and collecting Indian artifacts for 30 years and in the short length of time I have been on this sight I have learned that there are several members, The Grim Reaper, Rock along with a few more that know what they are talking about. They are trying to help you not offend you. Even after 30 years hunting I have learned quite a bit more from these members on this site. You do have some real nice points. Keep hunting and learning.
 
Do your bone pieces show cut marks? You obviously know what artifacts are by the points you have shown.
 
Car209, I have been collecting artifacts for 50 years and I am just trying to help you out. None of those stones above are actual artifacts. If someone is authenticating those for you and charging you for it then they are just ripping you off. Nothing you have in the first post is an artifact. I have a feeling you think you have Celts, Axes, Hoes, etc in those stones and they are not.

You really need to get a book on Texas artifacts and study it. Or at least go on line and find some pictures of Texas artifacts. There are Axes found in Texas, as well as Celts and other Stone Tools but none of yours are any of those.

Here are some pics of Texas artifacts that I own and some Stone Tools from Ohio. All the trays are Texas pieces and the rock with grooves in it is called a Calendar Stone and it is also from Texas. The rest are Ohio Stone Tools.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0008.webp
    DSC_0008.webp
    49.1 KB · Views: 95
  • t (2).webp
    t (2).webp
    48.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 100_2780.webp
    100_2780.webp
    76 KB · Views: 100
  • 100_5435.webp
    100_5435.webp
    67.9 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC_0010.webp
    DSC_0010.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 102
  • TX (3).webp
    TX (3).webp
    16.3 KB · Views: 84
  • TX (2).webp
    TX (2).webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC_0015.webp
    DSC_0015.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC_0013.webp
    DSC_0013.webp
    21 KB · Views: 85
  • Axe25.webp
    Axe25.webp
    86.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Chisel Pics (2).webp
    Chisel Pics (2).webp
    172 KB · Views: 95
  • Pics-386.webp
    Pics-386.webp
    39.9 KB · Views: 97
  • Pics-384.webp
    Pics-384.webp
    36.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Pics-381.webp
    Pics-381.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC_0031.webp
    DSC_0031.webp
    65.9 KB · Views: 80
Perds!!!!!!! love Perds....
 
car209, a great guide to Texas artifacts: Stone Artifacts of Texas Indians by Ellen Sue Turner, Thomas R. Hester & Richard L. McReynolds. The revised third edition. Very informative. Will help you a lot.
The Grim Reaper, I too love Frio and Montells.
 
In your initial post I do not see any articulate artifacts. The items in photo's 2, 3, and 9 appear to be possible flaked debris, but I do not see any manufactured artifacts. (( Don't give up.)) It is wise to adhere to others here that have suggested that you read and learn from the books of your area mentioned previously.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom