What's new

Here is the good one!!!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
3,919
Reaction score
5,777
Golden Thread
2
Location
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
2
I know we all try to find "the big one" well today I found the little one, cuff size Rev War officers button !! I've found examples of this button before but none with condition and remaining gilt like this one. There's tons of good info out there on The Kings American Regiment, I'm just glad we had them around here all that time ago. Now the story... me, Iron Patch and Patriot were out today kicking some dirt around, we looked at a few fields but with crops still in and hunters leases keeping us from detecting much we decided to hit a couple of old sites that were available but our prospects were low, but we kept saying it only takes one good one!
I was lucky enough to pick up a couple of coppers at one site just as we were leaving and the button was the one and only button I dug at the other nearby old site we ended the day on. Others have dug these buttons on this site and many other detectorists have walked the field hoping for one too ( isn't that right Romeo ;D) today was my turn I guess. I'll be happy to keep and display this one!
ps, one of the coppers I dug was an Evasion copper from UK, appartently not common in the colonies, part of the script in the legend reads ADOLPHUS ,lucky twice ! I think I'll get a lottery ticket :laughing7:
 

Attachments

  • kar.webp
    kar.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 5,661
  • evasion.webp
    evasion.webp
    56.5 KB · Views: 5,619
Upvote 4
Stunning button, congrats :notworthy: :notworthy:
 
MKnTenn said:
WOW! Sweet button. What detector are you using. HH


An Explorer II I probably should have kept. :laughing7:
 
The button is in such a great condition...You deserve a hand for that find..
 
Don't you just love it when you strike a GOOD find?? NUggets from the past.
 
That would be a super LIFETIME find for anyone IH. Congrats on a well deserved historic BANNER and HH, Quindy.
 
SWEEET! that button is gorgeous! I think it was IP that brought you the luck not the horseshoe :wink:
 
Congradulations on the banner. Great find...
 
Awesome Rev War button :o Congrats on the Banner :icon_sunny: 8) dawg
 
Great finds!

All the best,

Lanny
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom