What's new

Here is the good one!!!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
3,919
Reaction score
5,777
Golden Thread
2
Location
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
2
I know we all try to find "the big one" well today I found the little one, cuff size Rev War officers button !! I've found examples of this button before but none with condition and remaining gilt like this one. There's tons of good info out there on The Kings American Regiment, I'm just glad we had them around here all that time ago. Now the story... me, Iron Patch and Patriot were out today kicking some dirt around, we looked at a few fields but with crops still in and hunters leases keeping us from detecting much we decided to hit a couple of old sites that were available but our prospects were low, but we kept saying it only takes one good one!
I was lucky enough to pick up a couple of coppers at one site just as we were leaving and the button was the one and only button I dug at the other nearby old site we ended the day on. Others have dug these buttons on this site and many other detectorists have walked the field hoping for one too ( isn't that right Romeo ;D) today was my turn I guess. I'll be happy to keep and display this one!
ps, one of the coppers I dug was an Evasion copper from UK, appartently not common in the colonies, part of the script in the legend reads ADOLPHUS ,lucky twice ! I think I'll get a lottery ticket :laughing7:
 

Attachments

  • kar.webp
    kar.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 5,661
  • evasion.webp
    evasion.webp
    56.5 KB · Views: 5,619
Upvote 4
Iron Patch said:
By the way for those who don't know, which is most... that button dates 1776-1781.
I fall into that category :laughing7:Fantastic condition,a lot younger ones have less Gilt!!! :notworthy:
 
ironhorse said:
steelheadwill said:
Shiny Rev Button :o
got my vote, Congrats ;D
Can I come & hunt Dirtyville ? :icon_scratch:

it ain't easy finding this here or anywhere, simple answer yes, I always say the finds are in the fields, just gotta be there with them

another funny thing, we were talking about a trip south to see some of you guys next fall and perhaps steal away some goodies maybe ;D , we could do a trade
Your always welcome to stop & visit here in NH :D
I spent the last 3 days looking over maps, printing, driving & hiking,
located 2 school sites, & 3 foundations.
Quick scan picked up buttons and Household items near surface at one, (unsearched?)
this copper spoonbowl looks pretty old...
More great finds to ya :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • NH FINDS 10-02 025.webp
    NH FINDS 10-02 025.webp
    62 KB · Views: 5,410
Good to see this one on the banner...well deserved!
 
Congrats for the Banner !!!! :hello2:
nice button!
H
 
Congrats on making BANNER with that amazing button find IronHorse! :notworthy:
The condition of that baby is really fantastic! :o

Dave
 
That is one fantastic find.

Just think if that button could talk.

This is as close as we will ever get to time travel.

This is the best hobby in the world and we save history.

Congratulations
 
See, I knew something good would come out of the ground for you guys. :icon_thumright: Only makes me a little jealous :D I'd be happy to just get out of the house right about now!
 
Congrates on the Banner, now send it off to Western & Eastern Treasures, for find of the year!
Carl
 
Spectacular Find and looks brilliant on the Banner! :thumbsup:
 
metaldetector101 said:
Awesome find, how much is that worth?

it didn't cost me a cent but then again I'm not really in this for profit

I would be interested in it's value too, try and find one first ,then get condition, not (m)any on the market either

it's an investment right now
 
my thanks to everyone for kind words of encouragement and praise and votes

all my finds go on my personal banner, I'm glad one made the one we share here
 
Wow....very nice score IH on that beauty of a button!!! I have been trying to find one of those every since seeing IP's first hand but no such luck here yet....one day maybe. Congrats on the killer button and for making the banner IH!!!!
 
Iron Patch said:
By the way for those who don't know, which is most... that button dates 1776-1781.

I sure don't know beans about buttons, but I read every post, and not hard to tell it is a special find. It sure is a looker.

Congrats IH. good luck out there.
 
Rick (Nova Scotia) said:
Iron Patch said:
By the way for those who don't know, which is most... that button dates 1776-1781.

I sure don't know beans about buttons, but I read every post, and not hard to tell it is a special find. It sure is a looker.

Congrats IH. good luck out there.


Put it this way... It's from a regiment that was honored for their service in the Revolutionary War, and on top oh that it's off an Officer's coat, those of whom only made up a small percentage of the total unit. When I found my first, most (if not all) of the top American collectors didn't even have an example. How's that for rare.
 
WOW! Sweet button. What detector are you using. HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom