Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR
boomer said:
smoke is not a problem, if you know the type of wood to use for heat transfer to the charcoal. once the charcoal is fully ignited the amount of air flow and flux is whats critical. the more air flow the hotter the charcoal will be. they would run test samples of ore. they would start with a vary low heat and slowly raise the temperature until they started getting metal flow and keep going like that, until they had no more metal flow. a sliding piece of sandstone over the air intake with notches would give them a rough idea where to set the stone for each pour. Flux is vary critical, they probably used crushed limestone. think about this, when a camp fire burns down and you have nothing but embers there is no smoke, but if a wind comes up the embers get brighter and of course hotter.

Boomer is correct, smoke would not have been a problem......This is where they prepared the wood into charcoal by preburning the wood, they would have used hardwoods that was in the area, hardwood would burn longer than a softwood. Boomer mentions flux, this is where the furnace would roar when air was added to make the charcoal burn hotter. Only problem Swift and company would have to worry about was the glow from the furnace and the noise, but no there was no smoke.....picture a charcoal cooking grill, after you get it lit their is no smoke or fire, only glowing embers.......fire is what produces smoke from the chemical reaction in the wood.

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
truckinbutch said:
You still need large amounts of timber to produce the charcoal . Large amounts of smoke in the initial stages of charcoal mfg and the raw signs of timbering .

Your correct as well, and i have wondered this myself ever since i started studying the Swift legend... It would have taken alot of wood to make the charcoal they would have needed over the 9-10 years they mined and smelted, which means they would of cut many trees down, which the forest would hold the scars of their actions....looks like in the years following swift, if people were hunting for the mines, looks like they would have found the areas where the trees had been removed, and yes when they was preparing the charcoal there would have been alot of smoke....
this one still has me scratching my head.......as i remember Indians saying that only a whiteman would build fires for everyone to see....

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
swiftsearcher said:
Ralph and I have discuss this. We would guess that Swift and Co. only fired up their furnaces at convenient times - when there was no chance of the smoke being seen by Indians (or others, such as Boone, who was following them on some trips). One would assume that the furnaces were working at night and when one could not see very well at night (not during a full moon or other visible times).
swiftsearcher said:
From my research, Swift and Co. made charcoal the first year of intense mining before they split up and then used coal found nearby the other years. In fact, there are two ancient coal pits where coal was mined from the top with picks many years ago still in the area that I have found.
IN your first quote, smoke would not have been the problem, no smoke would have came from their furnace...They keep the furnaces running as much as they could, the hard work was transporting the silver ore to the furnace rockhouse, the only time swift mentions Indian attacks are on trips to and from the mines. When the furnace would burn at night you risk being seen by the glowing charcoal in the furnace, and also the sound... Also they would have had a place afar off from their furnace and rock house for the making of charcoal, so not to give away their location. This also would be alot of work carring the charcoal to the furnace, as well as the ore..

your second quote, Swift infact mentions the making of charcoal on his first trip as well as building the furnaces....I have to disagree some about them using coal, They had to make charcoal everyyear in order to keep the smelting process going, they couldn't make enough in one year to support 10 years of mining and smelting. The problem with coal is it naturally burns hot, alot hotter than wood charcoal...They could control the temperature of the wood charcoal better than they could control the temperature of the coal.....Coal was not used in Swifts furnace.......think about that a min....coal smokes when burnt, usually a black smoke..........no smoke came out of Swifts rockhouse furnace...
This has been a great discussion so far..........I also added a picture of what furnace slag looks like, its a glass form, diffrent sizes and diffrent colors. This may help someone to understand what slag (waste)looks like....

Attachments

• Slag.jpg
    Slag.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 645

vamelungeon

Jul 13, 2009
Wise, VA
Not to mention the odor of burning coal. It's very distinctive.

What do you think Swift & Co. used as a flux in these furnaces? Limestone is a common flux, but how common is it in the areas where people say they've found Swift's furnaces? What else could they have used?

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Different fluxes, mostly based on sodium chloride, potassium chloride, and a fluoride such as sodium fluoride, are used in foundries for removing impurities from molten nonferrous metals such as aluminum and or silver, or for adding desirable trace elements such as titanium.

My opinion Swift and company would have only used what natural resources were readily available, which would have been Limestone!

that's actually a good question...Vamelungeon :thumbsup: There is alot of Limestone around this area, mostly at valley floor levels, the ridge tops are more of a sandstone conglomerate

makton

Mar 5, 2008
New Lenox, Il
Detector(s) used
Explorer II with 10x12 SEF
Where is it???

Swifty,
After a year and a half of stringing folks along with this thread and telling others how they are wrong
and you have found the Rich mine....my only question is "Where's the Beef"?

You claim to have found the mine with the richest silver ore and were betting people any amount between $1,000.00 and $100,000 that your ore will be the purest - once you get into the mine.....
Well, your in and you got nothing!!!!

A year and a half folks followed your thread hoping that someone can prove that actions speak louder
than words but all we got is a bunch of words. People, self included, wanted you to be succesful in the begining but after so much talk and no proof, not even pics, I think people started writing you off as another looney tune.

You have now moved on to "the vault" and you have a few followers there but I can't help to think that after 1 to 2 years of trying to break into "the vault" you are going to disappear away from that thread too.

I hope you find something but I am guessing the KGC outsmarted you and after they took the riches from the Swift mines and put it into "your vault" along with all the secret codes, holy grails, etc the KGC then moved that repository to another location then spent years covering up and booby trapping an empty vault.

Well, best of luck to you and your followers as I hope something pans out after all this time and energy you put into this.

Makton
has removed all contents in the vault

frogling

Greenie
Nov 8, 2009
Hi.

I'm posting a request on this thread that's similar to one I posted yesterday. Can anyone direct me to photos of Swift's or Mullins' counterfeit coins?

I'd hope they would help establish the type of metallurgic process needed to produce the coins. Which in turn might suggest what structures or ruins to look for near the site.

Best,

Pam

OP
OP
swiftsearcher

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Where is it???

makton said:
Swifty,
After a year and a half of stringing folks along with this thread and telling others how they are wrong
and you have found the Rich mine....my only question is "Where's the Beef"?

You claim to have found the mine with the richest silver ore and were betting people any amount between $1,000.00 and $100,000 that your ore will be the purest - once you get into the mine.....
Well, your in and you got nothing!!!!

A year and a half folks followed your thread hoping that someone can prove that actions speak louder
than words but all we got is a bunch of words. People, self included, wanted you to be succesful in the begining but after so much talk and no proof, not even pics, I think people started writing you off as another looney tune.

You have now moved on to "the vault" and you have a few followers there but I can't help to think that after 1 to 2 years of trying to break into "the vault" you are going to disappear away from that thread too.

I hope you find something but I am guessing the KGC outsmarted you and after they took the riches from the Swift mines and put it into "your vault" along with all the secret codes, holy grails, etc the KGC then moved that repository to another location then spent years covering up and booby trapping an empty vault.

Well, best of luck to you and your followers as I hope something pans out after all this time and energy you put into this.

Makton
has removed all contents in the vault

Makton, hate to burst your bubble, but there is proof and it will NOT be posted here, b/c of a handful of people, such as yourself. Only the people I can trust are now associated with the projects and they will be the only ones to know everything. As for the vault, we are simply waiting on a piece of equipment to help, then we will be inside shortly after.

We (myself and the people involved) thought that there were too many people fishing for information - trying to provoke me into showing something I shouldn't, so NO DETAILS OF ANYTHING FOUND WILL EVER BE POSTED HERE.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
:icon_thumright: ;D :hello2:
Well said , Scott .
Makton et al ,
Take your own hand tools and start driving a 3' by 6' tunnel entry 80' through solid sandstone in an attempt to circumvent man made and natural death traps . Remember also that you have to do this in
a clandestine manner .
Once you have completed the drive , if you start now , you will know why it takes so long .

OP
OP
swiftsearcher

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel,

I just now came across this interesting part on page 176 - link below - about the "Portable Lodge". I had wondered why the boards above were placed on the floor inside the Bear's Den (which is Beehive shaped) at the Rich Mine of Swift's. At first, I thought it was to make entrance into the tunnel leading to the mine not so dirty, but it seems that there might have been a different reason! I admit, this is the first time I have heard of "Tracing the Boards"! BTW - Ralph did have the boards tested and the prelims are that they are locust from Swift's time - we should have the "official" test results shortly.

Let's see, we have the "G" carved next to the entrance, the boards on the floor, plus some things I found in the inner chamber that has the mine opening - there is DEFINITELY more to the Swift Legend than simply some Silver Mines! :thumbsup:

http://books.google.com/books?id=JT...resnum=6&ved=0CBIQ6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D HA! Got that book... GOOD one!! The "google" section is "talking" about a LODGE HALL; it is a TRACING BOARD or TRESTLE BOARD, with the "plan" of the "journey" that a FreeMason is about to "take". In terms of a "G" above the entrance, it COULD be a LODGE HALL for "traveling lodges", which ARE "portable", as you say. IF... there is a "G" on the wall of the
cave, (USUALLY in the EAST, with "entrance" in the WEST... SENTINEL outside the "door"/entrance
to prevent "illegal entrance", and a "station", at the SOUTH (NOTHING in the NORTH)... you MAY have a "cave lodge" for "traveling FreeMasons", who MAY have ALSO been Pirates, Knights Templars,
Scot. Co. FreeMasons (aka SCOTTISH RITE). Are there "stone seats" in the EAST, WEST, & SOUTH?
If there are... BINGO! You have a "CAVE LODGE"! "Google" CAVE LODGES FOR FREEMASONS... then,
CAVE DEGREE 4,300,000 "hits". :icon_thumleft: ;D :hello2: :coffee2: :read2: NOW! Check THIS
out... http://www.mastermason.com/fmisrael/quarries.html :wink:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:icon_thumleft: ;D THANKS, vm! Those are WONDERFUL "sites"; WOW! I am reading Dr. Bro. Robert's (Lomas) books, now... TURNING THE SOLOMON KEY, and TURNING THE HIRAM KEY. The
Trestle Boards are as I remember in MY "home lodge", in the Shenandoah Valley. ;D SO! ON to
THE VAULT!! :icon_thumleft: :coffee2: (WASSAIL!). :hello2:

OP
OP
swiftsearcher

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW - A quick update. I have not been back to the Rich Mine, since the last day of the excavation. I do intend to make at least one more trip in the upcoming weeks - to make sure nothing was left and get some pics of the inside chambers (better pics - of the beehive shapes, the "G" and some other things).

Also, even though things had pointed to a Sir Francis Bacon connection here and at the "vault", there always seemed to be an even older presence at these sites (rocks carved that even predated Bacon and Swift). I believe I might be on the right track to those - The Vandals! While I have not been out in the field, I have been researching at home and found out that the Vandals (who were a great maritime Israelite people) recognized articles, when they sacked Rome, that the Romans had taken from the Temple in 70AD. While the Vandals (much like America/Manasseh) had no intentions of holding Rome as a conquered territory, they did take back the Temple items that belonged to the Israelites (whom they were a part). They then migrated to Northern Africa, were conquered and, with their sailing prowess, came to America, as we know it today.

I am not stating for SURE that the Temple items are at my site (as I don't know what the heck is there until I finally get inside the vault), but I am 99.9% certain these items were brought to America, as we know it today. Now, I need to see IF there is a connection between the Vandals and Sir Francis Bacon. Rebel - anyone?

I have some books on the way that might help to answer this and need to check the web as well in my spare time. Bacon DID seem to know much about Israelites that many didn't and don't today, along with the "esoteric". Maybe he knew somehow of the location or locations that the Vandals hid the items of the Temple? Maybe he removed them and stored them inside his vaults? I am confident Washington and other Founding Fathers were aware of these Baconian vaults - maybe this is where Swift and crew came into the picture? Another Great Mystery in all of this is the "elder" whom "guided" Washington, Franklin and others during the Revolution! :thumbsup: One would think that many of these individuals would be aware of the Significance of anything the Vandals brought here from the Temple. Could these items have been "rehidden" by Bacon and/or others, for when the Phoenix (America) rises out of the chaos that is coming? Were these items hidden for evil or for Jesus' 1000 Year Kingdom in America (Israel/Zion)? There are many questions, and, again, the only way to start to answer any of these is to find one or more of these "vaults" and open it/them. :wink:

There might be more to the "Religious tone" in carvings at many of these "KGC sites" than we realize! Personally, I believe it is more than just KGC members being Religious - the Religious carvings have a DEEPER MEANING! :thumbsup:.......more along the lines of telling us the purposes of these caches and WHAT is hidden in some of these vaults/depositories!

K

Kentucky Kache

swiftsearcher said:
BTW - A quick update. I have not been back to the Rich Mine, since the last day of the excavation. I do intend to make at least one more trip in the upcoming weeks - to make sure nothing was left and get some pics of the inside chambers (better pics - of the beehive shapes, the "G" and some other things).

Also, even though things had pointed to a Sir Francis Bacon connection here and at the "vault", there always seemed to be an even older presence at these sites (rocks carved that even predated Bacon and Swift). I believe I might be on the right track to those - The Vandals! While I have not been out in the field, I have been researching at home and found out that the Vandals (who were a great maritime Israelite people) recognized articles, when they sacked Rome, that the Romans had taken from the Temple in 70AD. While the Vandals (much like America/Manasseh) had no intentions of holding Rome as a conquered territory, they did take back the Temple items that belonged to the Israelites (whom they were a part). They then migrated to Northern Africa, were conquered and, with their sailing prowess, came to America, as we know it today.

I am not stating for SURE that the Temple items are at my site (as I don't know what the heck is there until I finally get inside the vault), but I am 99.9% certain these items were brought to America, as we know it today. Now, I need to see IF there is a connection between the Vandals and Sir Francis Bacon. Rebel - anyone?

I have some books on the way that might help to answer this and need to check the web as well in my spare time. Bacon DID seem to know much about Israelites that many didn't and don't today, along with the "esoteric". Maybe he knew somehow of the location or locations that the Vandals hid the items of the Temple? Maybe he removed them and stored them inside his vaults? I am confident Washington and other Founding Fathers were aware of these Baconian vaults - maybe this is where Swift and crew came into the picture? Another Great Mystery in all of this is the "elder" whom "guided" Washington, Franklin and others during the Revolution! :thumbsup: One would think that many of these individuals would be aware of the Significance of anything the Vandals brought here from the Temple. Could these items have been "rehidden" by Bacon and/or others, for when the Phoenix (America) rises out of the chaos that is coming? Were these items hidden for evil or for Jesus' 1000 Year Kingdom in America (Israel/Zion)? There are many questions, and, again, the only way to start to answer any of these is to find one or more of these "vaults" and open it/them. :wink:

There might be more to the "Religious tone" in carvings at many of these "KGC sites" than we realize! Personally, I believe it is more than just KGC members being Religious - the Religious carvings have a DEEPER MEANING! :thumbsup:.......more along the lines of telling us the purposes of these caches and WHAT is hidden in some of these vaults/depositories!

What is to become of those items, if they are there and are what you think they are? Just curious.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread