What's new

Heres a Favorite!

IlliniGuy

Full Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2012
Messages
195
Reaction score
187
Golden Thread
0
Location
Illinois
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here's a Favorite!

Here is a favorite point a found some years back. I am going to call the material unknown, maybe Glacial till. It measures almost 2 3/4 inches from Central Illinois.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can certainly see why it is a favorite! Thanks for sharing.
 
Thanks Larson. As far as its use, that is a good question and I am not sure of the answer. I think it was an atlatl dart point. I am basing this on its thickness, although the hafting area seems a bit wide for a dart. It is cracker thin....about 6 mm. I would be interested what others think.
 
Perfect looking point rite there. A frame center piece for sure.
 
Thanks Rock. Actually, it is a little left of center lol
 
Beautiful point! :icon_thumleft: Looks similar to a St Charles Dovetail, or Thebes. Just a guess?
 
Beautiful point! :icon_thumleft: Looks similar to a St Charles Dovetail, or Thebes. Just a guess?
I always thought of it as a Dove but Neanderthal ID'd it on another forum as a Jordan. Relative of the Dove but not beveled.
 
Neanderthal is good. I agree with Rock. A centerpiece in any collection.
 
Nice piece. Not the normal colors but could be starved rock chert.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom