What's new

Heres one for you?

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2007
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
76
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Dug yesterday and haven't a clue?
Thought perhaps the top of a hames.
 

Attachments

  • Log Cabin 007.webp
    Log Cabin 007.webp
    45.5 KB · Views: 684
  • Log Cabin 008.webp
    Log Cabin 008.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 665
  • Log Cabin 009.webp
    Log Cabin 009.webp
    32.9 KB · Views: 671
Hmmmm. Base of a flag pole? End of a heavy drapery rod? Finial of a coffin handle?

Looks like it was screwed onto a wood dowel end of some type.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like it has the remains of old glue on the bottom rim. But I haven't a clue. Monty
 
Upvote 0
bump
 
Upvote 0
Bed knob.

61-800.jpg


DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Is that the dog house??At least she put the bed out there!!!
 
Upvote 0
I have dug some brass bed finials, but all of mine are one piece on the top (no hole).

I also wondered if this was a saddle pommel. Anyone ever seen a saddle pommel that was similar?



-Buckles
 
Upvote 0
No,I am sure it isnt a saddle horn(is that what you mean?) :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Maybe part of a lamp base? :dontknow:

Scott
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
No,I am sure it isnt a saddle horn(is that what you mean?) :thumbsup:

Darn.


Kuger, I've seen a recent post or two in "What is it?" by you. I didn't respond because I didn't have any idea. You've been a great help in this section of the forum, and I wish I'd been able to ID one of those for you... But the thing is--when you post a Whatzit here, it's a damned difficult one. :help:


Best Wishes,


Buckles
 
Upvote 0
BuckleBoy said:
I have dug some brass bed finials, but all of mine are one piece on the top (no hole).

I also wondered if this was a saddle pommel. Anyone ever seen a saddle pommel that was similar?



-Buckles

I've seen day bed knobs with holes in the top. But after looking again, this piece seems too heavy for a finial. Maybe it's part of a brass andiron?

antique-empire-andirons-solid-brass.jpg


DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
BuckleBoy said:
kuger said:
No,I am sure it isnt a saddle horn(is that what you mean?) :thumbsup:

Darn.


Kuger, I've seen a recent post or two in "What is it?" by you. I didn't respond because I didn't have any idea. You've been a great help in this section of the forum, and I wish I'd been able to ID one of those for you... But the thing is--when you post a Whatzit here, it's a damned difficult one. :help:


Best Wishes,


Buckles
Thanks Buckles!Same to you,I dig deep before I do ask,so I already expect most of it wont be I.D,ed.Thanks for trying though bud. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
DCMatt said:
Bed knob.

61-800.jpg


DCMatt



plehbah's room :D


That's how Romeo does so well... he sleeps at the site, and I bet detects at night when I'm not there!

that bed in the middle of the forest ..... with monkey toy .... fear, fear .. :icon_pale: :icon_pale: :icon_pale:.
 
Upvote 0
After studying this piece I noticed another find from that days hunt that fit in the top. I tried to screw it in and it fit perfect. It is octogon in shape and appears to have been broken . Maybe this will help solve this what is it.
 

Attachments

  • Log Cabin 011.webp
    Log Cabin 011.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 226
  • Log Cabin 010.webp
    Log Cabin 010.webp
    39.3 KB · Views: 215
Upvote 0
Lightning rod?
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom