What's new

Heres Some NC Quartz

bmartin0693

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2012
Messages
280
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Bend, North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's Some NC Quartz

Here is 3 frames of some NC Quartz from my collection. 5 of these being personal finds.
 

Attachments

  • 0425130101.webp
    0425130101.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 0425130058.webp
    0425130058.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 0425130105.webp
    0425130105.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 83
Upvote 0
Thats what I am talking about! I am still looking for a whole point that size made from quartz. Most I find are broken
 
Those are real beauties...
Thanks for sharing.
 
Thanks. I had more, but sold 'em. They were some broken tips and bases from Guilfords. Actually, the avatar pic is one of them. That one was the best quality quartz of the mix. I think someone from SC or GA bought 'em. These are the best I have left. I enjoy finding quartz, but most of the time I find them broken too. I can usually find them best in the river/creek sand around here. Also, spots where there is a layering of sand or where water flowed once, means some type of geological process occurred here. It is possible an arrowhead may have been deposited. For example, that is how I found that translucent Morrow Mtn in the 2nd pic (top right). I found it at Hiddenite, NC; most people usually find rocks/gems there. I lucked up and found that point in a layer of sand. That is probably one of my most remarkable finds.
 
I have found some crystal artifacts just not points. I found one last week but it is broken beyond knowing what it was. Looks just like ice.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom