What's new

Hi all! Allegany County, NY here.

Sara Jayne

Greenie
Joined
Jun 5, 2013
Messages
12
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Allegany County, New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this will be choppy because I have so much to say in a short period of time. I have been interested in "treasure" since I was a little kid. (I'm 44 now) I think it first started with interest in dinosaurs and then Ancient Egypt and then onto Native American Indians. Anything that involves: what is that?, why did they do that?, is it real or fake?, is it man made or created by nature. Anything that presents itself to me as a mystery is interesting. I like to go out and cemetery stomp and take pictures of the stones and link them with our local history. I like to walk in the creeks and look for rocks and HOPEFULLY an artifact, although I don't think I've ever found a true artifact in my life. I have a metal detector, but I've never used it :( I do have a couple of things that I will post as some point because I don't know if they are artifacts or geofacts.
 
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: New York for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.
 
Welcome aboard and happy hunting!
 
welcome sara good luck hunting
 
Welcome from the Alamo City and just keep searching...
 
Welcome from Monroe county. You near angelica, birdsall, cuba? (family used to have land near garwoods)
 
:hello:Welcome from the Swamplands of Louisiana, Sara Jane.
Good luck in your hunting!

Roy
 
Welcome Sara.you will be amazed at what you can learn here.
From Watkins Glen N.Y.
 
Welcome from Monroe county. You near angelica, birdsall, cuba? (family used to have land near garwoods)

Yes I am rickv14623. I live in Andover, but we also have a house in Belmont on Windfall Road which is just over the hill from Angelica. And wow, I havent heard Garwoods mentioned in years around here!
 
Welcome from So Cal, HH !!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Yes I am rickv14623. I live in Andover, but we also have a house in Belmont on Windfall Road which is just over the hill from Angelica. And wow, I havent heard Garwoods mentioned in years around here!

Small world! HH
 
Welcome from a fellow Allegany County person.......I am very new to this also but enjoy getting out. Only found old farm stuff and a few bottles around my property so far.
Much history here though and if one can get permission, it would be very good.
 
Welcome Sara Jayne, from upstate in the adirondacks. What type of detector do you have?
 
Welcome from a fellow Allegany County person.......I am very new to this also but enjoy getting out. Only found old farm stuff and a few bottles around my property so far.
Much history here though and if one can get permission, it would be very good.

Where do you live doc-d? My treasure hunting is kind of limited to our farm for right now but I would love to get out a little more. I hear the Scio fields are great for arrowheads. I'd love to walk the Genesee for a while. There HAS to be something there!
 
mercury1: It's a poineerEX (bounty hunter). My sons and I each got one about 6 years ago for Christmas. Mine has never been out of the box.

Well better late than never. Have your sons been using theirs all along? Any good finds? I haven't found anything exciting yet. Need to try and think of some new places to try. hH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom