What's new

Hillsboro cache

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A while back a metal detectorist posted an amazing cache of Hillsboro points found in north Florida. He and his father were digging musket balls when he found them. I remember a guy asking to buy them right here on Treasurenet in the thread he posted.
Well looks like it didn't take him long to sell them.
Maybey they will go to a good home.
Here they are.
www.primitivepast.com/catalog/artifacts
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd like to agree with the collector, but pretty sure that they are both grey ghosts.Hey it is whatever it means to you as grandpa gave it to you. However if you try and sell them down the road be honest about them. They are not old..... If you want to sell them they still have some value. You could get $150 a piece being there are collectors who collect grey ghosts. I would get them authenticated, as greys......and if your lucky and i'm wrong on white piece it will come back with a paper either way.
 
I could believe the brown one is but the white one my brother took to a big collector in Indiana and he said it was an amazing piece and tried to buy it from him for somewhere around 3500.00 which made my brother upset because he only wanted info and we would never get rid of it or any of our pieces

Hello Pointshunter, would you be able to produce a better photo of your white point?
 
image-3830869465.webp



image-1309688833.webp



image-2662882159.webp
 
That is one hell of a point!
 
Thank you Tnmountains. This is an outstanding website and I am happy to be a member.


Yes sir. With our collective knowledge we do pretty well. Glad you are here.
 
Hello Pointshunter, thank you for the additional photos of your large spears. I agree with Get-the-points's opinion that your massive artifacts are most likely reproductions. That being said, there is no substitute for inspecting them in person with a jeweler's loop. Your area should have a local artifact show at least once a year and there are always people attending with years of experience. It should only take a moment to get a respected opinion about your blades.
 
Primitive Past said:
Hello Pointshunter, thank you for the additional photos of your large spears. I agree with Get-the-points's opinion that your massive artifacts are most likely reproductions. That being said, there is no substitute for inspecting them in person with a jeweler's loop. Your area should have a local artifact show at least once a year and there are always people attending with years of experience. It should only take a moment to get a respected opinion about your blades.

Ty I will definatly have to get them checked out they are nice to display with my finds
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom