OP
ourhistory153

ourhistory153

Sep 11, 2006
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
wreckdiver1715 said:
I liked the balled very much, catchy little number!

Can you provide info on how to obtain a copy of his CD?

Ivan, I agree! With the discovery of the Melbourne wreck, providing it proves to be from the 1715 fleet, that would leave 4 missing ships remaining.

Tom

That song is not on his DVD. But he gave me the sound file and I am working up a new Youtube clip with some good treasure
pictures. Here is a link to a rough video I made at the event but I will be uploading the finished product soon.

I am looking for a good picture of Mel Fisher for the upcoming DVD. Anybody have one?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I for one have no doubt that there are "missing" 1715 fleet vessels to the north of the main 1715 fleet wreck sites --- and that theres a 1715 era fleet salvage vessel (barcalona / bark) or a missing fleet vessel down in nassau sound as well --the spotswood letter of Oct 24th , 1715 --notes the wreckage of barcalonga carrying VIPS and silver recovered from the fleet sites about 40 miles north of st augustine, and added to the salmon letter that states --- wreckage of a vessel or vessels was found 15 leagues to the leeward of this port ( 15 leagues at 2.6 per is 39 miles --with leeward being north and this port being st augustine ) --- so 39 to 40 miles to the north of st augustine a vessel or vessels went down according to 2 reports ---(nassau sound is 39 to 40 miles north of st augustine base upon land marks and referance points used then) added to that is the capt william fuller map of Nov of 1769 that shows a vessel wreck site in nassau sound that must be prior to Nov of 1769. --- :wink:---- Ivan

OP
OP
ourhistory153

ourhistory153

Sep 11, 2006
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
bigcypresshunter said:
The Indians took gold coins and reworked them. Im sure you already know about the face like medallions found in ancient Indian mounds. This one is well known from Chokoluskee but many similar ones have been found on the East Coast as well.

An ex-TN member Pegleg claims to have found some gold coins near a Sebastian Indian site. He left us with this picture.

I am very interested in finding images of more native American metalic artifacts. There was one I posted earlier and I heard
somebody tell me once that it was on display at the treasure museum in Cape Canaveral. I don't know if that is true because
the drawing I had was from Yale university from a find in the 1930's. But of course maybe it wasn't unique and they cold hammered the silver into this unique shape more than once. Seems plausible. Still I would like to find a photo image of it
for my seminars. I guess I should start a new topic.

Watch out for new topic. The precious metal area is fine but the shape and inscriptions are what I really find fascinating.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
ourhistory153 said:
bigcypresshunter said:
The Indians took gold coins and reworked them. Im sure you already know about the face like medallions found in ancient Indian mounds. This one is well known from Chokoluskee but many similar ones have been found on the East Coast as well.

An ex-TN member Pegleg claims to have found some gold coins near a Sebastian Indian site. He left us with this picture.

I am very interested in finding images of more native American metalic artifacts. There was one I posted earlier and I heard
somebody tell me once that it was on display at the treasure museum in Cape Canaveral. I don't know if that is true because
the drawing I had was from Yale university from a find in the 1930's. But of course maybe it wasn't unique and they cold hammered the silver into this unique shape more than once. Seems plausible. Still I would like to find a photo image of it

Watch out for new topic. The precious metal area is fine but the shape and inscriptions are what I really find fascinating.
There are not many but some gold, silver and copper artifacts have been found that were reworked by the Calusa Indians. I think there are 23 known Gold medallions like the one pictured worn by the cheifs. Ill have to dig through my papers to come up with some pics.

Here is a pic left by Pegleg of some half melted silver and iron blobs he found in the Sebastion area. He believed this was an attempt by the Indians to melt silver in a small cast iron pan. :dontknow:

Attachments

• pegleg melted silver.jpg
    pegleg melted silver.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,659
  • pegleg melted silver.jpg
    pegleg melted silver.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,128

Sorroque

Jan 5, 2007
Canaberal de Ayzm
Detector(s) used
GMHCX3
bigcypresshunter said:
CURSED. http://outside.away.com/outside/magazine/1096/9610ot.html

About 23 of these medallions are known to have been found on the West and East Coasts of Florida.
I learned in your link why the NAVY says that Gaparilla never existed. I had not known this;
..."Laughable because Jos‹ Gaspar was invented out of whole cloth in 1919 by a railroad company flack who needed a way to romanticize the mosquito-infested area in order to promote both tourism and land sales along what he called "the pirate coast."
That the west coast of Florida was far off the route of Spanish gold shipments (and thus had no pirates) did not deter later Gaspar "historians," whose cheap fabrications are still on sale in Florida bookstores. Many of the booklets contain "authentic" pirate maps where X marks the spot--and the spot is always an Indian mound. The fiction of Gaspar and his "captive women" has been so widely accepted that Tampa has an annual Jos‹ Gaspar Festival"... .

I wonder why there are so many sites in so many books about his treasures?
Then the Enterprise, which changed ship types 16 times and now is an aircraft carrier, that sunk Gaparilla's ship in Red Fish Pass never happened?
I still think Gasparilla was real. I even think Bigfoot is real.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I beg to differ ---early peroid spanish vessels did indeed sail along the west coast of florida --- in the old days the spanish used "dead reckoning" navagation --- sailing within sight of land in shallow coastal waters and using "known" land marks and river inlets to know where they were ( using this form of navagation caused a lot of the wrecks since once a vessel got caught by sudden rapid storms in shallow waters they were often wreaked)--the early treasure fleets came from mexico hugging the coastline---along what is known know as texas , louisana, alabama --to the florida panhandle area (pensacola) --then down the west coast thru the keys to havana , cuba --- only much later on did they take the more direct route "straight" across the gulf

jean lafitte and luis aury both were pirates active in the "gulf of mexiico area " area :icon_thumright:

while jose gaspar might not be real --there were lots of raiders that were real and used the tampa area and nearby island --as well as the panhanle area as their base of operations at various times

Sorroque

Jan 5, 2007
Canaberal de Ayzm
Detector(s) used
GMHCX3
ourhistory153 said:
The treasure seminar went well today.
I met Ray in front of his house in Cape Canaveral and we had talks about treasure and mounds and bicycled up to the old treasure museum.
I think I have a companion for you Ray. Skilled in reporting and camera a Caloosa native right here in our area. He has come down from New York to his roots. A Prince! His name is Wier :hello:! Send me email and I shall put you in contact. I shall visit him tomorrow and tell.
You have got to meet him!
And what do you know about the Tiucuma mound "turtle mound"?
I got a good lead on that Sorroquez. And have you read "Spanish Settlements Of Florida 1562-1568" yet? Michagan State University, 1918 book. Google Books.
Every single tribe that existed in Florida is in that book! It has been available online since July this year. Awesome.
:notworthy:
The reign of terror is o-v-e-r 08/01/1715-08/01/2008. Marked with a Siberian eclipse and a Cherokee Phrophesy is fullfilled. I think you are aware of it.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
ivan salis said:
I beg to differ ---early peroid spanish vessels did indeed sail along the west coast of florida --- in the old days the spanish used "dead reckoning" navagation --- sailing within sight of land in shallow coastal waters and using "known" land marks and river inlets to know where they were ( using this form of navagation caused a lot of the wrecks since once a vessel got caught by sudden rapid storms in shallow waters they were often wreaked)--the early treasure fleets came from mexico hugging the coastline---along what is known know as texas , louisana, alabama --to the florida panhandle area (pensacola) --then down the west coast thru the keys to havana , cuba --- only much later on did they take the more direct route "straight" across the gulf

jean lafitte and luis aury both were pirates active in the "gulf of mexiico area " area :icon_thumright:

while jose gaspar might not be real --there were lots of raiders that were real and used the tampa area and nearby island --as well as the panhanle area as their base of operations at various times
You are correct Ivan as evidenced by all the old bottles in the mangroves.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Sorroque said:
I think I have a companion for you Ray. Skilled in reporting and camera a Caloosa native right here in our area. He has come down from New York to his roots. A Prince! His name is Wier :hello:! Send me email and I shall put you in contact. I shall visit him tomorrow and tell.
A Caloosa native? ??? They are extinct.

OP
OP
ourhistory153

ourhistory153

Sep 11, 2006
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Thanks Sorroque! Yes send him my way. Give him my email address. I am starting a new history lecture
series on the native cultures. The Calusa (which I have a strong interest in ) although from the SW part of
Florida had a lot of influence with the native cultures up this way. Apparently Carlo a great Calusa Cacique
had tribute paid to him to from tribes all over Florida. He was kinda like a Tony Soprano of the the Florida tribes.

I just published a story about the Fuller Mounds I told you about.

http://tinyurl.com/y9tsean

It is entitled, "96 Skeletons of the Banana River."

Again I am interested in new finds, pictures of artifacts found. No questions to ownership I just want to record
them in my writing for history's sake. And pics of artifacts really set off the story.

Sorroque said:
ourhistory153 said:
The treasure seminar went well today.
I met Ray in front of his house in Cape Canaveral and we had talks about treasure and mounds and bicycled up to the old treasure museum.
You have got to meet him!
And what do you know about the Tiucuma mound "turtle mound"?
I got a good lead on that Sorroquez. And have you read "Spanish Settlements Of Florida 1562-1568" yet? Michagan State University, 1918 book. Google Books.
Every single tribe that existed in Florida is in that book! It has been available online since July this year. Awesome.
:notworthy:
The reign of terror is o-v-e-r 08/01/1715-08/01/2008. Marked with a Siberian eclipse and a Cherokee Phrophesy is fullfilled. I think you are aware of it.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The Spanish supposedly took some of the last surviving Ais (Calusa) Indians to Cuba sometime after the 1715 disaster during the salvage years. I dont know if any Cubans can claim Indian bloodline.

The remaining Calusa in Florida mixed with Seminoles and Spanish and were actually called the "Spanish Indians." They traded fish with the Cubans but not much is known about them.

The great "Spanish Indian" Cheif Chekika was believed to be part Calusa and the last of the ancient Indian bloodline when he was hung in a tree by the US Army in the Everglades during the Second Seminole War in 1840.

Sorroque

Jan 5, 2007
Canaberal de Ayzm
Detector(s) used
GMHCX3
bigcypresshunter said:
Sorroque said:
No they are not extinct.
Nocturnal Florida Chickens are classified extinct, 1767, by the United States Government. No don't believe that either. Nocturnal Florida Chickens exist!
Ellington Mitchel Park Hall Road Merritt Island, Florida. If you would like to see one go early.
Ghost town Maybeline, Florida. "Oh Maybeline why can't you be true? Why do you keep doing the things you used to do"? Could it be that a native Contrair Warrior,(Says hello when he means goodbye,etc.), had black face paint and white speckles, like the cock? "Cannot have these fellas cacklin' at the settlers now", so "extinct".
Back to Topic:
San Ramones ship sunk near the Chucks Steak House.
:spam4: ,("Spam",Tenn. ghost town),...
And this is that book I mentioned: http://www.archive.org/details/spanishsettlements00lowe

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Sorroque said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Sorroque said:
No they are not extinct.
Nocturnal Florida Chickens are classified extinct, 1767, by the United States Government. No don't believe that either. Nocturnal Florida Chickens exist!
Ellington Mitchel Park Hall Road Merritt Island, Florida. If you would like to see one go early.
Ghost town Maybeline, Florida. "Oh Maybeline why can't you be true? Why do you keep doing the things you used to do"? Could it be that a native Contrair Warrior,(Says hello when he means goodbye,etc.), had black face paint and white speckles, like the cock? "Cannot have these fellas cacklin' at the settlers now", so "extinct".
And this is that book I mentioned: http://www.archive.org/details/spanishsettlements00lowe
I dont know what a Nocturnal Florida Chicken is but I know what a Calusa Indian was and believe me they are all dead. And if you dont belive me, ask ourhistory153. He is writing a book about them.

Sorroque

Jan 5, 2007
Canaberal de Ayzm
Detector(s) used
GMHCX3
bigcypresshunter said:
Sorroque said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Sorroque said:
No they are not extinct.
I dont know what a Nocturnal Florida Chicken is but I know what a Calusa Indian was and believe me they are all dead. And if you dont belive me, ask ourhistory153. He is writing a book about them.
Caribees are classified extinct. After talking to a Caribee he assured me that there were at least 2,000 Caribees alive now. I am in email contact with Mr. Osborn. Hopefully living proof will soon be available. It took me 27 years to find other people that have seen the chicken. I learned a few things about the importancy of urgency.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Sorroque said:
Caribees are classified extinct. After talking to a Caribee he assured me that there were at least 2,000 Caribees alive now. I am in email contact with Mr. Osborn. Hopefully living proof will soon be available. It took me 27 years to find other people that have seen the chicken. I learned a few things about the importancy of urgency.
Are the living Caribes still cannabalistic? http://www.raceandhistory.com/Taino/Caribs.htm I know little about them but I do study the ancient Calusas. Many people make claims. Some of the modern Seminoles claim to be descendants of Calusa but I doubt it.

Can you please explain the chicken LOL. Ill tell you stories about the Skunk Ape. :wink:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
ourhistory153 said:
bigcypresshunter said:

Here you go more pics. These medallions found were worn by Calusa chiefs.

Attachments

• MVC-022F.JPG
    MVC-022F.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 794

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
There is a colony of Caribe Indians living on Trinidad Island.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thats interesting to know about the Caribes but I think Sorroque has them confused with our extinct Florida Calusa. I stll dont know what a "Nocturnal Florida Chicken" is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread