Holy Shiznit!!! It is my first!!!!!

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
Well i listened to the success everyone was having hunting parks...Soooooo....I decided to head up to Albany to Washington park.....We were only there 20 minutes when i got a nice +93 on my XLT....I did not expect it to be a real signal....I was expecting a tin can!!! Well 3.5 inches down i found this Highly worn 1922 S Peace dollar....My first EVER silver dollar!!! We scoured that area for another hour or so and only pulled 1 penny....sigh....So we hit the school where Nickel_buff1935 found his Merc and rosey in the same hole....He asked me to swing around that area and see what i got....Well after 3 or so minutes i hit a nice signal at 2 inches....I said...Well here is my silver....Just joking with him.....And wouldnt ya know out pops this Stunning 1964 Rosey covered with mint luster. I know it is not a valuable but silver none the less!!!!

4qhrmnn.jpg

4lo9085.jpg

6hgm7wn.jpg

Upvote 0

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
WOW ~ that is cool! I'm still waiting to find my first silver dollar! CONGRAT'S!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Wow, Washington Park is still putting out the goods. ;D Nate and I took a road trip there last June. Got a seated dime and barber dime in the same hole. Found IH's and other stuff. Next day another guy pulled a 2 center from the area we were hunting. NY(Albany area)is such a great place to hunt. Anyplace we hunted there was old stuff. Wish we could have spent a week instead of a day and a half.

Congratulations on the Peace Dollar.

Bob

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Digging a silver dollar is one of the most exciting finds to get, the site of it shining in the hole. I am really happy for you and thanks for sharing your inspirational story. Love that big silver!! Congrats!!

Smiles!
BDoo

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Worn coins just have more history! Just imagine all the places THAT coin has been..I'll bet your detector was really singing when the coil swept over that one..awesome find!

Nat

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
so you found a $1.10 huh----nice silver worn or not and a fine 1964 dime----Ivan

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Congrats on the Silver Dollar!! Worn or not its still a nice find!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, congrats.

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW---That peace dollar is a beauty- :o--Congrats on a great find.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find! Congrats!!

OP
OP
outraged

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
Mirage said:
Wow, Washington Park is still putting out the goods. ;D Nate and I took a road trip there last June. Got a seated dime and barber dime in the same hole. Found IH's and other stuff. Next day another guy pulled a 2 center from the area we were hunting. NY(Albany area)is such a great place to hunt. Anyplace we hunted there was old stuff. Wish we could have spent a week instead of a day and a half.

Congratulations on the Peace Dollar.

Bob
What part was that??

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Great find on the silver dollar! I'm still waiting to find one of those, worn or not.

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Nice silver dollar-WTG

3searchin

Jun 20, 2006
3 in Central PA
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3i, Whites TDI beachhunter
great finds. I agree with everyone else. Worn or not silver is always nice.

I'm still waiting to find my first too.

but I'm still waiting on a lot of firsts.....LOL

Good luck and happy hunting
3S

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Great find. Congrats on your first silver dollar.
Dman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread