Honker RING and a little SILVER!!!

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter land ranger pro, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
20190609_194316.jpg 20190609_194321.jpg 20190609_202251.jpg
Went for a little hunt and found this ugly hunky skull ring and a nice silver coin! I wish that the ring was silver or even better gold because it's huge... oh well. Every junk ring you dig helps to keep you going because you never know, the next might be real!!! I've found six rings at this very small park so far. Two big silver ones by the swing set and junk ones elsewhere. I've also found three other silver dimes not including the one I just found. I also found a 1943 penny pretty deep, i dont find many coins in the 50's and under in these little parks i hunt. Howerver I'm gonna hunt the whole park digging everything but iron because it is yielding silver items here and there. I've got it to myself because it's just a little neighborhood park no one would think to hunt.

Last edited:
Upvote 18
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good luck in the park! :icon_thumleft:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weeeellll... maybe I'll give it a shot... maybe... i hate trash! Thanks for the suggestion though.

Lol...yes MV, we all hate trash, I'm sure that's a universal agreement here...the last couple of years my hunting buddy and I have steered our hunting to older, out of the way places like fields, abandoned houses, old foundations, cellar holes etc...and there's been MANY days we were both skunked. NO keepers, not even a wheatie to show for our troubles but yet we manage to haul out 5 or so lbs of trash. But when we do find something, it's usually old and cool. Finally got permission on an old one room school house we'd been slobbering over for months, and MV, we must have pulled 2 or so lbs of just nails! Turns out, the original school burnt in the 20's, leaving layers of nails. It's all in the hunt, I have a great day whether I'm skunked or not, and if I find some keepers, simply a bonus. Ddf.

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter land ranger pro, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol...yes MV, we all hate trash, I'm sure that's a universal agreement here...the last couple of years my hunting buddy and I have steered our hunting to older, out of the way places like fields, abandoned houses, old foundations, cellar holes etc...and there's been MANY days we were both skunked. NO keepers, not even a wheatie to show for our troubles but yet we manage to haul out 5 or so lbs of trash. But when we do find something, it's usually old and cool. Finally got permission on an old one room school house we'd been slobbering over for months, and MV, we must have pulled 2 or so lbs of just nails! Turns out, the original school burnt in the 20's, leaving layers of nails. It's all in the hunt, I have a great day whether I'm skunked or not, and if I find some keepers, simply a bonus. Ddf.

Maybe I'll compromise and dig everything in the areas where most people go (near playground equipment, and trees and so on). At a different playground near me I found a 1919 dime... that was a shocker.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread