What's new

Hooked up again with Whydah for some more cold water hunting

CASPER-2

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Messages
17,375
Reaction score
20,667
Golden Thread
1
Location
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
may14NE.webp

did I mention - he's a great guy? well I'll mention it again
once again he shared one of his spots -
I was stupid and I was lucky
we get out and in - i found a large brass relig.med. right off the bat
but the next couple of targets - didnot sound right - oh they were good targets but
something was not quite right - oh no - my batteries are going
have been hunting hard and long the last few weeks - never thought to check my batteries
so I pressed on anyways - it would be a little bit of a walk to go get my back up cz21
every time I got a signal - it would drop off and fade - so it got tough to recheck targets
I got a pretty good signal - I got lucky and got target on first scoop - stuff we were hunting in was a thick black mud --
I dumped it in my floating seive - I look down and sticking out of the black muck was nice 14K wedding band
my machine completely died about 10 min later - so i got lucky
we were not getting a lot of targets - so we moved to another spot
okay - lets change those batteries - where are they - oh yeah - left them in bag in my room
okay - let's grab back up machine -
hey - ON button is on - back up cz21 is dead
what to do - could go and drive to find batteries - would take maybe 15min there and 15 min back
and Whydah is already in the water -
hey - what's that yellow thing buried under my extra wet suit and other old gear
I know - it's my old PI Pro
do i dare take that out here - I have not used it in years
heck - will give it a try - just hope this place is not packed with iron
it felt alien -the head phones - the grip - the larger coil -
and the sound - I started swinging and thought - "Im not gonna get anything with this here '
I got a faint signal - scooped down and came up with another brass religious med.
- then it all came back to me and like an old shoe - it fit
little worn - little loose - but it worked
about 90% of these finds were with the PI
I didnt get any other gold - got a little more junk than I would have with the cz21
but old reliable came thru
thumb.gif

took Whydah out for some New England seafood - shared some good food
good stories and some laughs
we should be gettin out again tommorrow
 
Upvote 0
Don't forget to ck . the o ring on the pro (if it,s been sitting around for a while .They go bad) Congratulations on your finds.
 
Great story, great find and a great reminder. Thanks for sharing.
 
Your finds its always nice; Congratulation!
 
just for curiousminds
top 2 items are old jack knives
round brass object in middle is a pocket watch
shinny round object is the back to a dive watch- says swiss made
and has a diver with fish etched in back
green object is a loaded shotgun shell
round object under shell is some sort of opticle
brass rim with glass in it - does not look like it is from a watch - more like from a binocular eye piece
other rings were all junk
 
Nice post, Casper!

Lorraine
 
Great bunch of stuff there casper.When I'm at the beach the surf pro pi is my machine of choice in or out of the water.:leprechaun-hat:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom