What's new

Hopefully new soon...need advice!

MainTank said:
Sandman said:
Welcome to Tnet... :hello:

What do you mean you almost got the wife talked into letting you buy a metal detector? Does she ask you if she can buy another pair of shoes? :laughing7:

The Excal is the best for beaches on the coast but you would do better than most with a Tesoro Tiger Shark. Lots cheaper than a Excal and it has a lifetime warranty. Besides the detector your going to need a good stainless steel scoop.. Save yourself some grief and get a good on off the bat. http://www.gold-scoop.com/thescoop.html For freshwater the smaller one will do fine.

To learn more about beach hunting, visit this site. http://www.nmhra.netfirms.com/pulltab/ Right now wife sees your wanting a detector as a boy toy. She'll change her mind when you find that first gold ladies ring.

Actually, yes...she does ask me...lol. We're on a very tight budget but we do occasionally have room for a few bigger items that we want/need. So, regardless of cost, it's a joint decision, since we both have to agree on what we spend. The beaches I will be mainly hunting on are right on the Mississippi River; there are a few VERY popular beaches here that are packed on most nice summer days and up until the water gets too cold to swim in. And of course, yards will be a big spot, since nobody in my family is into treasure hunting so they have virgin yards I can experiment in =). I'll do plenty of research before I plunk down a chunk of change, so I'll be perusing the forums here for plenty of advice before I make my final purchase. Thanks for the advice, all!!
I like the agreement part,mutual agreement or no dice!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I'd contact Mike Post at Woodland Detector Sales. You'll see a lot of compliments sent Mike's way on this board. He goes out of his way to answer your questions and help get what's right for you.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom