Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
JohnnieWalker said:
I know someone else who puts a bicycle handle grip on his digging tool.

I should try it with mine. By the way, Kellyco changed their Gator Digging tool. I just got mine replaced, the new one has a little more of a curve and is thicker. Very strong now but might be a little harder to push into the ground. I am going to sharpen the edges on mine a bit and put a grip on it.

I imagine a bicycle grip would work, as well. I went with the MX foam grip because I know it is tough. Is the Gator Digging tool the one they have in their 'throw away' free package of goodies? That is the one I have that was beginning to bend from prying plugs out. The scabbard works great for my Hori knife. The one that came with the Hori Hori knife did not have a large enough attachment loop to accommodate my belt, so, I am using the Kellyco. When the nylon wears out, I'll figure out a way to adapt the leather one that came with the Hori.

Sharpening your digger will surely make a difference. I think that is why I am liking this new one so much more......it is like a very large surgical instrument!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread