HORRIBLE FIND! My metal detector is gone! FOUND!!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
Outstanding mangum!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOT STOLEN! I called the guys house I hunted last weekend & I left it there! I'm an idiot but a relieved idiot!

My oh my!!!! If I EVER did that to my AT, it would probably not speak to me for a month!!! They are VERY vindictive!!! If I were you, I wouldn't turn my back on that detector for quite some time to come! ;)

HH!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now I have to show this to the gf....."Honey, if I don't go every day, I might misplace it and then I'd have to buy another one!":thumbsup:

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't tell you how many times I've pulled over on the way home from a hunt to make sure my detector was in the trunk..lol,,glad you found yours

TOMBAC

Nov 24, 2012
new jersey
Detector(s) used
dfx, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your not the only one that is an idiot, i left my shotgun on the roof of my jeep and drove away.never found it, never forget it!

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
That turned out well. Ol' Joe went out one day and stopped to hunt at a couple lots, then he
remembered one near his house. That last one was a doozie, he got so excited he walked a
block to his house and left his pickup back at the site.

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It happens... I drove off with my detector dragging behind the truck once ... another time drove 60 miles and forgot my water scoop at home ... Happy TH'ing ..

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, we all do stupid things sometimes, as long as stupid combines with lucky it is a Good thing, glad you got it back>:hello2:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad u found it!
Was going to mention tho, what good is looking for a stolen detector on Craig'slist or at the pawn shop. You must have proof that it's yours.

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad that you found your machine. Can't detect without one. If I had all the stuff that I have left up in the hills/mts of South Korea, I would be able to outfit another THer.
Just glad my brain is encased......I would probably have lost it, too.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I lost my brain in ROK a couple times......was always found near a soju bar ;)

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Last edited:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put my mxt down once did not mark a trail back to it good enough and spent 30 minutes looking for it in a frantic pace what a sick-ning feeling
I feel for you

liftloop

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NOT STOLEN! I called the guys house I hunted last weekend & I left it there! I'm an idiot but a relieved idiot! I just thought he would have let me know but he's been out of town! YAy!!!

This is not a put down or anything, but "HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU LEAVE YOUR BEST FRIEND BEHIND?" I can imagine losing a digger which I have done and found on a couple of occasions but an expensive machine? Gee, what did you find to forget that? A bagful of gold coins? I can see that happening....but even that would be a big maybe!! Glad you recovered your detector!

OP
OP
mangum

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newfiehunter said:
This is not a put down or anything, but "HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU LEAVE YOUR BEST FRIEND BEHIND?" I can imagine losing a digger which I have done and found on a couple of occasions but an expensive machine? Gee, what did you find to forget that? A bagful of gold coins? I can see that happening....but even that would be a big maybe!! Glad you recovered your detector!

I don't know what I was thinking! I did have a great hunt, maybe just focused on my finds?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread