Hot day and a piece of silver

dahoser

Tenderfoot
May 17, 2010
Grayling, MI.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Well it was hot to me anyway. mid to upper 80's and bright sun. Went to the local elem. school unused soccer field to see just what we could turn up. I had found a few wheaties there in the past so I just knew there had to be a couple pieces of silver somewhere. Usually when I hit a large field like this I just wander like a drunk. Today I decide to grid it cross field direction. Ten minutes into the hunt I got a 10-47 and it read a depth of six+ inches on the Etrac. Man I love this machine, it was dead on. At six inches I lost the signal in the hole so it had to be out in the pile. Took a couple of hand fulls to find it. A nice 43 Merc. The only other older coins found were three wheaties. Got a good amount of clad and a very small gold plated ring. I'm going to do a more intense grid pattern of this place now that I know there is silver there. Thanks for looking. :hello:

Attachments

• DSCF3466.JPG
    DSCF3466.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 298
  • DSCF3467.JPG
    DSCF3467.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 287
Upvote 0

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice hit on the silver Dahoser, those soccer fields can produce some nice jewelry but ya got to grid them out, just last year I pulled 7 gold items from them, good luck and good post....

bigcreekdad

May 14, 2010
dahoser

I've got a cabin just outside Luzerne and just started this madness.....want to link up this weekend and you could show me the ropes? I can offer some trout fishing spots in return. Email me at [email protected].

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread