What's new

how accurate are coin counting machines

Joined
Aug 27, 2006
Messages
1,643
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
im using a self serve machine lately.

strangely it has been giving totals of 1000.50 to 1004.50

on a lot of skunk bags i dumped.

wonder if machine is off or boxes were heavy to begin with ?

always wonder about the machines.

if they break so often then miscounts sure are possible.
 
Upvote 0
Sure they may be off now and then. The machine I use is great, when counting $5-6 hundred worth in dimes it may count 2 or 3 as cents. I won't complain.
 
I dump in 7 different machines. Quite often I'll bag up a counted amount to see if they total correctly. Whenever there was a difference from my count, it has been in my favor. However the overage is usually only a few cents that were stuck in the machine because of pocket lint, screws, pop tops and other junk.
 
I use 7 different machines all are very accurate when counting halves. Once in a great while I''ll get a miscount on dimes, usually when I pour them in to fast. The loss is always less than a dollar.
HH
Rich
 
i buy 50.00 bags of pennies off of the coin counter at my dump bank to run through my ryedale. i almost always find a roll of dimes in each penny bag.
 
I cashed in $640 in dimes, 9 came up as pennies... doing $750 tomorrow, will post how that works out.

I did get credited for $102 in halves, when I only had $100...
 
I've been dumping in a machine for a while now with absolutely no problem. This week however, the thing finally broke on me. I only had a small amount to dump, around $200 in halves (counted before I dumped). The machine broke down after about $100... The teller tried to fix it, but it would only take around 5-10 coins before jamming again. He finally took them to another machine they had behind the counter to finish counting them. Somehow in the mess, I ended up with an extra $25 :dontknow: It appeared to count the correct number of halves, but there were a whole bunch of extra nickels and quarters. No clue what happened...
 
Like I always say NEVER use TD Bank guaranteed to be short!
 
TheProf said:
Like I always say NEVER use TD Bank guaranteed to be short!

TD is fine with halves. I usually come out ahead with a few rattlin around inside when the machine turns on or stuck in the shoot. Also, I almost always find goodies stuck on the magnet or in the reject bin.

Joad
 
scrounger d detector collector said:
im using a self serve machine lately.

strangely it has been giving totals of 1000.50 to 1004.50

on a lot of skunk bags i dumped.

wonder if machine is off or boxes were heavy to begin with ?

always wonder about the machines.

if they break so often then miscounts sure are possible.

You are getting back more than you dump - why be concerned?
 
TXTim said:
scrounger d detector collector said:
im using a self serve machine lately.

strangely it has been giving totals of 1000.50 to 1004.50

on a lot of skunk bags i dumped.

wonder if machine is off or boxes were heavy to begin with ?

always wonder about the machines.

if they break so often then miscounts sure are possible.

You are getting back more than you dump - why be concerned?
but if im up then someone else is being shorted.

could be u or me next time.

been many times iwas sure it was short..
 
I constantly test the machines i use. All but TD are accurate and TD is only inaccurate with dimes.
 
markmopar said:
TheProf said:
Like I always say NEVER use TD Bank guaranteed to be short!

I have never had a problem with TD machines, but I only do halves.
I dump all denominations at TD. Sometimes coins get stuck on the tube leading to the reject slot. Check it when they change the bag. If they're are too many coins stuck on the magnet inside the tray, they may hang up in there also. Watch your fingers when clearing it, pins and other sharp objects also get stuck there.
 
markmopar said:
TD is an east coast bank from Canada. Northern VA up to Maine and Florida.

My favorite bank ever sold out to them. Commerce Bank. Commerce was awesome, they'd do nearly ANYTHING to keep your business. They were like a Credit Union, but friendlier and brought in coin counting machines ten years ago... so we've had easy, convenient dump banks for 10 years now.

TD sucks compared to them.
 
Word is that TD, starting in November, will be charging a 6% fee to non-account holders in a pilot program.
That sucks.
 
markmopar said:
Word is that TD, starting in November, will be charging a 6% fee to non-account holders in a pilot program.
That sucks.
Yeah, they offer free checking though... or just open a damn savings account... I must have 3 checking accounts and 12 savings accounts by now, lol.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom