What's new

How did I miss this one yesterday?....Silver 19" necklace found today .

Lorrain.

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
978
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did I miss this one yesterday?....Silver 19" necklace found today .

Hi :hello:

Decided to head back to "Sinker City" beach today to finish up an area from yesterday's hunt.

Took my little dog , Jacky with me....we both had a great time! :thumbsup:

Tide was high again, so I started at the water line and worked up into the dry sand.

Found the usual sinkers, clads, and then a very nice 19 inch .925 Italy necklace.

Necklace was found at water's edge. All else was found in wet slope sand and upper beach dry sand.

Tone of necklace target was not high, and it sounded like maybe foil, so I was surprised when the necklace appeared .

I don't wear much jewelry, but this necklace in its simplicity has class so I'm going to wear it on special occasions. :icon_sunny:

Here's some pics

Thanks for looking

Lorraine
 

Attachments

  • DSCF1124.webp
    DSCF1124.webp
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,126
  • DSCF1129.webp
    DSCF1129.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,190
  • DSCF1135.webp
    DSCF1135.webp
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,181
  • DSCF1126.webp
    DSCF1126.webp
    70.3 KB · Views: 1,196
  • DSCF1148.webp
    DSCF1148.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,133
Upvote 0
Re: How did I miss this one yesterday?....Silver 19" necklace found today .

I don't know how you missed it either, but I'm sure glad you found it! And at 22+ grams, that's some heft!!!!! Congrats
 
Re: How did I miss this one yesterday?....Silver 19" necklace found today .

Nice necklace, Lorrain. BTW, I know a MD guy who says he puts all his sinkers in a bucket and goes down to the popular fishing pier. Sells all of them for 25 cents each within an hour or so. I save my lead now!
 
Re: How did I miss this one yesterday?....Silver 19" necklace found today .

Nice Cuban link necklace. :thumbsup:
 
Re: How did I miss this one yesterday?....Silver 19" necklace found today .

nice necklace lorrain,funny you mentioned about the low tone as i just got done reading on another forum about a guy who also found a silver chain which he said also gave a low tone..thats what i like about this hobby ,just when we think we got it all figured out we learn something new...congrats...
 
Re: How did I miss this one yesterday?....Silver 19" necklace found today .

I told ya Lorraine get that crap out of the way the rewards will come. Nice job on the chain!
 
Re: How did I miss this one yesterday?....Silver 19" necklace found today .

bootyhoundpa said:
nice necklace lorrain,funny you mentioned about the low tone as i just got done reading on another forum about a guy who also found a silver chain which he said also gave a low tone..thats what i like about this hobby ,just when we think we got it all figured out we learn something new...congrats...

Interesting.....I would like to know why the GT gave off a low tone on this necklace...? Could it be because it was balled up in a knot? ..or the chain was not connected at the ends ( the connection was absent..so the loss of the necklace)

Lorraine
 
Re: How did I miss this one yesterday?....Silver 19" necklace found today .

Lorraine.... most detector ID chains by links or hits on the clasps. So those small links might sound like a nickel dropping off because of size. Great find by the way. Im never surprised by what we miss.... doesnt look like a resent drop. Keep the coil low, slow, and over lap. Got to love those huge sinkers here in Fl.

Dew
 
Re: How did I miss this one yesterday?....Silver 19" necklace found today .

dewcon4414 said:
Lorraine.... most detector ID chains by links or hits on the clasps. So those small links might sound like a nickel dropping off because of size. Great find by the way. Im never surprised by what we miss.... doesnt look like a resent drop. Keep the coil low, slow, and over lap. Got to love those huge sinkers here in Fl.

Dew

Thank you for the info and advice, Dewcon; much appreciated

Lorraine
 
Re: How did I miss this one yesterday?....Silver 19" necklace found today .

wow that is a big one Lorraine! congrats
 
Re: How did I miss this one yesterday?....Silver 19" necklace found today .

diggummup said:
Nice Cuban link necklace. :thumbsup:

Thank you, diggumup. I didn't know the name of the style...I learned something new today.

The links are smooth on one side and sort of serrated on the other...this gives it a distinctive sheen.

Lorraine
 
Re: How did I miss this one yesterday?....Silver 19" necklace found today .

NICE!
 
Re: How did I miss this one yesterday?....Silver 19" necklace found today .

Great job!
 
Re: How did I miss this one yesterday?....Silver 19" necklace found today .

Congratulations on a nice Silver necklace, a keeper for sure.

Hope to be down there come the first of January and can enjoy some of your sunshine and a little metal detecting.

Rick :coffee2:
 
Re: How did I miss this one yesterday?....Silver 19" necklace found today .

Jacky was obviously your edge, congrats Lorrain ! :hello: Touche on the silver - I pulled a few more pre decimal silvers and one ring from my old river site yesterday - 70's band - can barely read the 925 hallmark. :hello2:
Viva Jacky!
 
Re: How did I miss this one yesterday?....Silver 19" necklace found today .

Smoogle said:
Jacky was obviously your edge, congrats Lorrain ! :hello: Touche on the silver - I pulled a few more pre decimal silvers and one ring from my old river site yesterday - 70's band - can barely read the 925 hallmark. :hello2:
Viva Jacky!
Nice goin' on the silver finds, Smoogle...river detecting is fun.

Lorraine
 
Re: How did I miss this one yesterday?....Silver 19" necklace found today .

Nice chain.....a 25 gram silver chain reads 43 on my AT pro, and a 4 gram silver ring reads 82. The chain reads the same whether I have it balled up or straight. :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:
 
Re: How did I miss this one yesterday?....Silver 19" necklace found today .

Nice find Lorraine! Wooo-Hooo! :headbang: :hello2: :notworthy:
 
Re: How did I miss this one yesterday?....Silver 19" necklace found today .

i like it!
 
Re: How did I miss this one yesterday?....Silver 19" necklace found today .

Nice Chain, Great Job!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom