What's new

How DIRTY did you get???

BlackbeardsGhost

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2015
Messages
39
Reaction score
35
Golden Thread
0
Location
Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I Came home this weekend super pumped because I found a Flying Eagle Cent and my Girlfriend was much less impressed with the coin and dirty metal and way more impressed with how DIRTY I was! I mean I was dirty, but I've seen worse... so I wanted to see from you all how dirty you get!

I got dirty by slopping around in muddy water by the creek, I'll post a picture the next time I go out to that spot, I didn't capture a picture this time. Lets see some dirty muddy diggers!

Let the competition begin!

(Below was the mud I was digging in)
Muddy Picture.webp
 
We have had nothing but rain off & on (more on tho!) here in Maryland for the past few weeks. But that has not stopped me from getting out there and doing some detecting. When I come home all muddy my boyfriend just shakes his head and laughs at me. He is not into detecting (which has become a passion to me!!) but is always interested in what I find. No pics will be coming at this time.
 
I keep a hoopty running just because I do get dirty and don't want to have to take all the precautions of getting into a newer vehicle, tracking in all that mud and dirt. Who else keeps an old vehicle running, specifically for dirt fishing?
 
I keep a hoopty running just because I do get dirty and don't want to have to take all the precautions of getting into a newer vehicle, tracking in all that mud and dirt. Who else keeps an old vehicle running, specifically for dirt fishing?

Not me but I really should, my car is constantly trashed with dirt and rust. Pretty much ruining it.
 
Somehow, whenever I get home from detecting, my face has splotches of dirt on it, which is rather embarrassing to notice if I've been to the store on the way home and clerks don't know I've been detecting, lol.
 
I worked a filthy construction job for many years. Every co-worker would be heavily soiled and I'm only lightly so even though I did more work faster. They never could clock out as clean as I.

So, I'm pretty clean when done hunting, even on all day hunts. Usually only my hands and one knee are dirty, sometimes just my hands.

The trick is: once your hands are dirty don't touch yourself - anywhere! No scratching, no resting of hands, no clothing adjustments, no touching.

It requires a greater awareness. More than half the stuff we do as humans is involuntary. Like while digging one might feel a slight tickle behind the ear - most don't even have a conscious thought and automatically reach back to touch it.

Like when we were dating my wife used to get acne consistently, not a lot but enough she brought it up to me once. What was my advice? Stop touching your face without washing your hands first. Once she got her hands under control the acne was infrequent and much improved.

Most people are completely unaware how many times they touch themselves each day. Work your finger-tips to bleeding cherries and you'll be acutely aware of everything you touch. 8-) That's how my facination with awareness began.
 
I would hate to be labeled a dirty old man but, i admit, my wife says i play in the dirt way to often!
 
After detecting? Not too bad. I hate gloves, so my hands and forearms are usually filthy.

After work? I'm a welder. I come home looking just short of a coal miner a lot of times. :laughing7:
 
Keep your self clean to make your wife and or girlfriend happy. Good hunting and good luck.
 
I love lake shoreline hunting, especially when there has been a dry spell and lake levels are down. These newly uncovered areas usually are not only thick mud but mud with the distinct odor of old cesspool/sewage. Despite gloves and boots you still manage to splat enough muck on you to come out now only dirty but real smelly too. There is something about being that dirty that makes the hot shower that follows all the more enjoyable.
 
Keep your self clean to make your wife and or girlfriend happy. Good hunting and good luck.

I don't know if you can get clean enough to keep both a wife and girlfriend happy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom