How do you become a MOD in this forum

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is by invitation only........We recently added 2 new mods....Before they were invited it was discussed by the existing moderators to be sure all moderators agreed on the invite or had no objections to any one being a moderator, if we are all in agreement then the request is forwarded to the admins...

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....and fine additions they were!
You couldnt pay me to do the job yall do....and do well I might add

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you sir, it is appreciated by all........:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
B1u3Dr4g0n1

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So if ONE person is bias against you, you have no chance in Hades...awesome...THANKS and GOB BLESS YOU

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im sure you have too be here for a couple years and not have any bad abuse problems and make sure most here like you and most importantly know your relics/metal detecting,etc

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So if ONE person is bias against you, you have no chance in Hades...awesome...THANKS and GOB BLESS YOU

I've moderated on another forum for the last 7 years and even though I didn't care for this particular person, I was the number one supporter of them becoming a moderator because it's about who will help the site run smoother and not a popularity contest. The funniest part was when they actually became a moderator and read the thread in the mod forum and saw me nominating them. :)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No, has nothing to do with bias, we want to be sure we all get along good and there are no clash of personalities, nothing worse than a site with the moderators fighting.............. As moderators we are open with each other, have talked to each other on the phones...

Jeff is still "The Grand Poopah"

Grand Poopah.jpg

Last edited:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a thankless job no doubt about it...but they all knew what they were getting into, before they took it.

SS

natch.

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there should be a way to kick out mods
but sadly there not
and tnet has 2 rouge mods now

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there should be a way to kick out mods
but sadly there not
and tnet has 2 rouge mods now

of Course you are entitled to your opinion, :tongue3:

however From What I've seen Natch,
all the mods here are willing to go out of their way to give everyone here
as much leeway as possible without allowing some one to turn
the forum into a battle zone.

I don't Think we have made a Mistake on Moderator choices yet.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Natch we let you return not once but 3 times, the last 2 times we did not have to, especially after your attacks on the new mods... Last time you left you told us to delete your account you were done then you tried to sneak back in under different name.

Your post violates our rules. I was asked my opinion about allowing you to return this last time and I said give you one more chance. That is last time I say that.....

motodude

Greenie
Apr 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I always had a policy that if someone asked to be a moderator they were automatically not eligible. :) The best moderators were always people who didn't want the job!

I did it for 17 years.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always had a policy that if someone asked to be a moderator they were automatically not eligible. :) The best moderators were always people who didn't want the job!

I did it for 17 years.

I like that Policy. I know there were times members wanted to be mods in order to
commit revenge :laughing7:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I knew this would be good. Anyone who wants the job doesn't deserve it. I don't really know what a MOD does, but cannot imagine wanting to be one

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew this would be good. Anyone who wants the job doesn't deserve it. I don't really know what a MOD does, but cannot imagine wanting to be one

I know I love it !

yes I know I made a few errors over the years, But learned from them too 8-)
of course learning can hurt my head :BangHead:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yes Jeff, you have done well. In recognition of which you are awarded a month from having to post anything.

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree...there HAS to be something up with someone who openly asks to be a MOD...

HH,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread