What's new

How long has everyone been Detecting for?

HI Bobby5; I was 13 when I started in 1969.

Bear with me. I'm still trying to learn how to Post ok. Thanks. PEACE:RONB
 
Started in 1964, took a break and got going again a little over 20 years ago. Started with one of the very first detectors Garrett ever made for sale.
 
Started back in 80 something, bought my first detector from a friend who was selling Tesoros. Got a cutlass II, used it while I was on the way to work, doing guard duty for a contractor. Kept the Tesoro for over twenty years. Sold it to a friend of mine for 40 bucks, I told him who I bought it from. He said it was probably stolen from a warehouse in Vegas. Anyway I now have a Whites Gold Master, and a Gold Bug, and a gold digger. I've found lots of stuff, no gold, yet. I have fun with them.
Nevada Coyote
 
I purchased by first detector around 95. I was still in my twenties and had always been interested in detecting but I was very self conscious of the image I might be giving off (I was still into the bar scene, single and had other 'interests'). It was not until around ten years later that my girlfriend at the time really pushed me into it. She would say 'If it is something I was interested in then I should really pursue it'. I joined a local club, T-net and married that girlfriend a few years later. I peaked in my detecting time a little over two years ago. Then my son was born and we have another little one due in 11 days. I forsee a big dip in my detecting time for a few years but I will surpass my detecting peak again but not for awhile...lol. I now have other 'interests' again...can't wait for those interests to be old enough to join me out in the field... :icon_thumright:

Happy hunting to the old timers through newbies...keep posting your finds so I can live through them until I'm back. :hello2:

NJ

BTW The two 'interests' mentioned above are completely different although the first one lead directly to the second one... :wink:
 
Tomorrow will be two weeks detecting for me... Got me a Garrett Ace 150 on the 3rd of this month and really like it, and seem to be doing pretty well at learning my machine and finding goodies... I'm hooked!!!! :icon_thumleft:
MightyMouse said:
I started back in....... Hmmm have to think now lol I belive it was 1984ish. We were living in Scotland, my dad was into it and he had got me a Whites coin master i think. He was using a Bounty Hunter Red Baron(which i still have to this day) After Scotland he stop but i kept going with the hobby. Over the years i sorta quit for a little while but then got back into it. Still injoying the hobby like i did back in the day. HH John
 
Started in '94 but didn't get real serious about it till three-four years ago. It was learning about discrimination that got me to spend more time with the hobby. Now it occupies half my prospecting(nugget shooting) time also. Coin shooting(beaches and parks) is the other half of my detecting time.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom