how many others conceal & carry when u detect

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not in parks or within city limits. But when out and about I wear Rattler headphone (one ear) and have a .38 revolver or .45 pistol handy.

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I carry 100% of the time since I'm retired law enforcement and use to it and to protect myself or if have to someone else

Same here, well I'm not former law enforcement, or military. There's just way too many crazy people in the world. I've been carrying for 15 years and thank god I've never had to use my weapon.

But there have been two instances where I've had my hand on the weapon and warned the would be attacker to leave- one guy actually pulled a knife on me and threatened to "cut my throat" when he saw my hand at my waistband I told him not to take another step forward, he ran away immediately. The other instance I'm sure involved alcohol, the hand at the waist and a stern warning sobered him up rather quickly and he left immediately as well.

It's just better to have it on me and never have to pull it, than be in some crazy situation thinking- "this guy's crazy, he's gonna kill me - I need a gun"

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow well hopefully none of have to use our weapons but ur right its better to have & not use then to not have & b a victom. I also wanted to aswell say thanks to all the Men & women who serve this country,the policemen,& the vets aswell none of us would have what we have without there heroic acts & to that said I thank you all

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
like Mohave Sam said better to have and not need then to need and not have.

I will add, better to be judged by 9 than carried by 6...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that dude thats gonna stick treasure

mikecar007

Aug 19, 2012
Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharp Shooter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.380 Kel-Tec in the pocket. Don't even know its there.

I have one of those for my daily carry, when i detect i go up a notch to the Bulgarian Maklarov which is surplus 9mm. I hunt woods mainly and need something that can handle the bears.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I concele n carry since i ben 4 cuz u never know when u gotta shoot n kill some one while u tect n stuff n im luvn the heck out a it.

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread was done a few months ago with a ton of replies. :icon_scratch:

Ya i didnt realize till I out the thread up that something like it was done couple of months ago, oh well nice to still c something different then our usual, which detector should I get of better then A or B thats a weekly thing lol

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I carry 99% of the time 90% of the places I go. LEOSA basicly give me a 50 state CC permit.

Good for u! So do I! Can u image the mayhem if u n me and christoOOO ever met up unwittingly out in the back forty it could be a tempest in a teapot holy crap I hope u got a good tecter because u r gun uh need it it will be like a Mexican standoff gun slingin tectin swingin shoot 'em up dig 'em up throw down and we wont know if u got a clean up coins or blood off yer tecter or gun its gonna be a hella good time u know what i mean

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have one of those for my daily carry, when i detect i go up a notch to the Bulgarian Maklarov which is surplus 9mm. I hunt woods mainly and need something that can handle the bears.

Is that the 9x18 (instead of para)- I had one a few years back that was Czech made.... Odd shell they were hard to find.

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for u! So do I! Can u image the mayhem if u n me and christoOOO ever met up unwittingly out in the back forty it could be a tempest in a teapot holy crap I hope u got a good tecter because u r gun uh need it it will be like a Mexican standoff gun slingin tectin swingin shoot 'em up dig 'em up throw down and we wont know if u got a clean up coins or blood off yer tecter or gun its gonna be a hella good time u know what i mean

Hahaha

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I carry 99% of the time 90% of the places I go. LEOSA basicly give me a 50 state CC permit.

just wanted to say thanks to u as well for ur duties as an officer thanks

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
almost always. at least a .22, but normally a larger caliber. It's the human threat that i worry about, never the wild animals.

I used to do a lot of fishing at night and always had a pistol stashed someplace.

I'm in vietnam right now, so no guns. even carrying a knife is illegal, but everyone does.
Hey Mike,

I used to run the scuba diving next to,the Vietnamese holding camp in Hong Kong in the early 90's. one morning the door was open and ONLY the dive knives were missing, they were huge Navy models with a serrated edge. If you see any can I have them back please........dde0a

Last edited:

mikecar007

Aug 19, 2012
Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharp Shooter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that the 9x18 (instead of para)- I had one a few years back that was Czech made.... Odd shell they were hard to find.

It is the 9x18 but I have a friend who is a surplus dealer and have had no issues in the last 15 years. Even with the rush recently on ammo I can always get them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread