treasureplanet
Tenderfoot
- Joined
- Feb 18, 2012
- Messages
- 2
- Reaction score
- 0
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
How much gold can you get from sluicing and panning? I know this varies but a average estimate suposing you are sluicing where there is gold to be found and use a portable sluice or two.
I would be interested in just trying this out for fun sometime but I have also thought about if it can be profitable enough to make a living from for a while since the gold price has gotten so high. If I could get about 3 onces of gold a month or more that would be good money.
So how much do you get from an average day, week or whatever time you spend doing this.
If I will do it just for fun I will get a pan and maybe build a simple sluice box but if I could make a lot of money on it I would research and try to build really good tools to get the most gold.
cheers
I would be interested in just trying this out for fun sometime but I have also thought about if it can be profitable enough to make a living from for a while since the gold price has gotten so high. If I could get about 3 onces of gold a month or more that would be good money.
So how much do you get from an average day, week or whatever time you spend doing this.
If I will do it just for fun I will get a pan and maybe build a simple sluice box but if I could make a lot of money on it I would research and try to build really good tools to get the most gold.
cheers









Some folks have secret holes that yield more gold than others. Others like myself scout around and in some cases dig randomly (I'm still a noob!). I feel lucky when I take home about 1/2 gram of gold from the East Fork.







