Snarkie
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Feb 14, 2011
- Messages
- 74
- Reaction score
- 3
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- North Carolina
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
I've got a bunch of scraps (my wedding ring and some earrings) that I am looking to melt into a nugget to make an earring. Any suggestions on how to cast this way?

Gold melts much hotter than silver, I don't think a standard torch will get hot enough.
I think you need some kind of forge and possibly some flux... You should use all the same Karat gold so it won't be an odd percentage. I've wanted to do this myself, but just seems like a lot to do and kinda hard !
You can poor it into just about everything, from wood blocks to a sand mold. You want textures you line the mold with hay and that will leave a texture but the hay will instantly burn away. I don't know it would be cool if you did it, may help me. 






