What's new

How to test my excalibur battery?

can

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2015
Messages
982
Reaction score
460
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this has been posted before but I cant find it. Went to the beach last weekend only to find my battery dead. Two hours to the beach. How do I test my battery on my excal sword? What settings do I use on the volt meter? What should it read? Thanks for the help guys.
 
On volt meter use DV voltage setting... On cable that plugs into the wall you should have 18 volts out the adapter that connects to battery testing with volt meter, if you don't have 18 volts remove the adapter and test out the barrel, one lead on inside one on outside, this will tell you if the charger is bad or the charging adapter is bad.......

If cable tests good then measure voltage on the battery after 12 hour charge, you should have between 13.5 and 15 volts give or take a few tenths of a volt, If that tests good you can connect battery to excal but don't connect the screw on connector that locks cable on battery, turn on the excal and measure voltage running, it shouldn't drop much more that .5 to 1.0 volts when excal is turned on and running, if battery drops several volts then you have a battery going bad or problem on detector drawing too much voltage.
 
Last edited:
Thanks TH. Is that dc? What number on the DC side do you tune the volt meter to.
 
At such low voltage I would think its DC, set your meter to just above the 15 volts mark. Will give a better idea on what the voltage is dropping. Hopefully you have a digital meter.
 
Thanks TH. Is that dc? What number on the DC side do you tune the volt meter to.

Yes it's DC can. If you can get AC out of a battery your gonna be a millionaire! [emoji106]
 
Thanks for the help ncdigger. I have no knowledge of electricity or volt meters. I did not know there is a dc v. Rob, I thought that TH hit the wrong letter. That is why I asked the dc question. But I do wish I could become a millionare.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom