mtntrekr2
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Jul 15, 2007
- Messages
- 362
- Reaction score
- 16
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- berks county, pa.
- Detector(s) used
- Excalibur II 1000, Xterra-70 x3, Garret ace 250,
- #1
Thread Owner
Ok I know a lot of the good folks on here and even some of the bad have quit smoking. How did you cope with the habit and the want after the need had passed.
On Dec. 19 I got laid off for a few weeks while the plant does some maintance work.
On Dec. 20 we woke up saying no more and neither one of us has had a cigarette since. The need did not take long to pass. We ate the candy and cookies and everything else in sight for the first week. We did our little argueing and getting ticked with each other. All that is done now.
It is just the habit or I always did this with a smoke in my mouth thing that is really trying our patience right now.
HOW did you survive this time.
Joe
On Dec. 19 I got laid off for a few weeks while the plant does some maintance work.
On Dec. 20 we woke up saying no more and neither one of us has had a cigarette since. The need did not take long to pass. We ate the candy and cookies and everything else in sight for the first week. We did our little argueing and getting ticked with each other. All that is done now.
It is just the habit or I always did this with a smoke in my mouth thing that is really trying our patience right now.
HOW did you survive this time.
Joe


and it has not been easy. I decided to quit when my husband Civilman did. We've been using the patch to help with the cravings. I've caught myself reaching for my cigarettes so many times, but instead I grab a dumdum lollipop or a piece of gum...needless to say I've been through a lot of them. Instead of a cigarette hanging out of my mouth I now have a lollipop stick. Put a pack of gum or tictacs in the pocket that you used to keep your cigarettes. I find taking deep breaths when I want a cigarette really helps me too. Good luck to you and your wife, I hope it gets easier for you 
Thank you for taking that first step.






