What's new

Hubcap ID

RelicHunter97

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Messages
700
Reaction score
297
Golden Thread
1
Location
Western Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this hubcap on top of the ground in the woods at my friends 1800's farm. It is sky blue painted steel with a black- ridged edge. in the center is a triangle on a rectangle. I am looking for age and what kind of vehicle it came off of. Any info will be appreciated.

**It is approx. 15" in diameter**

Thanks,

RelicHunter97
 

Attachments

  • 063.webp
    063.webp
    88.7 KB · Views: 468
  • 062.webp
    062.webp
    49.7 KB · Views: 522
  • 060.webp
    060.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 418
  • 058.webp
    058.webp
    20.9 KB · Views: 427
That thing must have about blown your headphones off.. Finally my 30+ years in the auto salvage business is good for something.. From the Hollander parts interchange manual 41st Auto & Truck edition.. Hollander # Z-59 AMC part # 3220296, 1974 AMC Matador & Ambassador with std. 14" wheels. Price new in 1974 $12.17 This particular manual only covers up to 1974 so the same hubcap may have been used for slightly later years as well but hubcaps normally changed every year and this one is a perfect match to the pictures in my book. Doing a Google image search comes up with the same hubcap for 74-78 and includes 1977 Gremlins. Some were painted the same color as the car like yours and some were left bare. How's that ? ;D
 

Attachments

  • 74-75-76-77-78-Matador-77-Gremlin-wheel-cover-hub-cap-for-sale_290208086822.webp
    74-75-76-77-78-Matador-77-Gremlin-wheel-cover-hub-cap-for-sale_290208086822.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 591
Upvote 0
NHbandit...Damn your good! I had it nailed as American Motors and thought I was gonna get an attaboy.
 
Upvote 0
I think this is solved beyond any shadow of doubt.


RelicHunter,

If you feel this is solved,

Go back to your original post,

Click on Modify,

Click on Message icon down arrow,

Click on Solved,

The Green Check will appear


Here is a photo tutorial to help you through that process.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,259097.0.html
 
Upvote 0
Its a thankless job, but somebody has to do it lol. :D 8) So I volunteered.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom