Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this neat Oriental button complete with shank, in a field that I have been hunting for 5 years now. It is about the size of a Half Dollar, and has a man (Chinese ? but at the very least, he is Asian) on the front, with a very long mustache that goes to the edge of the button. It also has what appears to be Asian symbols around the edge, so it must be saying something. If anyone can interpret it I would appreciate it. The home dated to the 1850's, and the newest coin I found there was the 1910 Wheat that the button is pictured next to. Many Seated coins and Large Cents came out of this field, along with some nice relics. This button is really throwing me. These two finds were the result of 3 hours of hunting, but the finds are really winding down in this field after 5 years.

Attachments

• button.jpg
    button.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 163
  • button1.jpg
    button1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 66
  • button2.jpg
    button2.jpg
    1,010.8 KB · Views: 64
Upvote 10

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking the proper orientation is this:

button1.jpeg

But I really don't know...very interesting find to say the least.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this neat Oriental button complete with shank, in a field that I have been hunting for 5 years now. It is about the size of a Half Dollar, and has a man (Chinese ? but at the very least, he is Asian) on the front, with a very long mustache that goes to the edge of the button. It also has what appears to be Asian symbols around the edge, so it must be saying something. If anyone can interpret it I would appreciate it. The home dated to the 1850's, and the newest coin I found there was the 1910 Wheat that the button is pictured next to. Many Seated coins and Large Cents came out of this field, along with some nice relics. This button is really throwing me. These two finds were the result of 3 hours of hunting, but the finds are really winding down in this field after 5 years.
cool and unique find, wtg

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread