What's new

Hundreds of Ikes

coinfinder

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2008
Messages
99
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I have hundreds of Ike Dollars and was thinking of selling them. Does it pay to sell them on eBay? I have seen them sold in lots of 50, etc, or should I sell them by the roll? I actually have some paper rolls I could put them. What should I expect to get for them? Thanks for the help!
 
Upvote 0
I'd try to sell them on e-bay for like 1.50 a pop, maybe 2 bucks. I'd be surprised if they didn't seel. Put them up in bulk lots, i'd do like 20 coin lots, sell them for like 30-40 plus shipping. That's just me though. Good luck
 
Alternative method to sell would be Craigslist if you have a secure place to meet(not your house).

Craigslist ad:
CIRCULATED EISENHOWER DOLLAR COIN $1. HARD TO FIND THEM ANYMORE. THESE COINS ARE CIRCULATED AND SOME HAVE NO MINT MARKS AND SOME HAVE THE P MINT ON THEM. I HAVE TWO HUNDRED (200) TO SELL AT $2.50 EACH. THESE COINS ARE NOT THE PURE SILVER ONES FROM THE SAN FRANSISCO MINT.
 
Silverminer said:
Alternative method to sell would be Craigslist if you have a secure place to meet(not your house).

Craigslist ad:
CIRCULATED EISENHOWER DOLLAR COIN $1. HARD TO FIND THEM ANYMORE. THESE COINS ARE CIRCULATED AND SOME HAVE NO MINT MARKS AND SOME HAVE THE P MINT ON THEM. I HAVE TWO HUNDRED (200) TO SELL AT $2.50 EACH. THESE COINS ARE NOT THE PURE SILVER ONES FROM THE SAN FRANSISCO MINT.

Even though there were never any Eisenhower dollars with a P mint...maybe he'll sell them at that price.

I have sold many, many Ikes on Ebay but I don't expect to double your money. I was selling 100 for around $130 w/ free shipping. Maybe you could do better though.
 
DrDetector said:
Silverminer said:
Alternative method to sell would be Craigslist if you have a secure place to meet(not your house).

Craigslist ad:
CIRCULATED EISENHOWER DOLLAR COIN $1. HARD TO FIND THEM ANYMORE. THESE COINS ARE CIRCULATED AND SOME HAVE NO MINT MARKS AND SOME HAVE THE P MINT ON THEM. I HAVE TWO HUNDRED (200) TO SELL AT $2.50 EACH. THESE COINS ARE NOT THE PURE SILVER ONES FROM THE SAN FRANSISCO MINT.

Even though there were never any Eisenhower dollars with a P mint...maybe he'll sell them at that price.

I have sold many, many Ikes on Ebay but I don't expect to double your money. I was selling 100 for around $130 w/ free shipping. Maybe you could do better though.
Dr. D, I'm assuming that you made a profit?
 
fistfulladirt said:
DrDetector said:
Silverminer said:
Alternative method to sell would be Craigslist if you have a secure place to meet(not your house).

Craigslist ad:
CIRCULATED EISENHOWER DOLLAR COIN $1. HARD TO FIND THEM ANYMORE. THESE COINS ARE CIRCULATED AND SOME HAVE NO MINT MARKS AND SOME HAVE THE P MINT ON THEM. I HAVE TWO HUNDRED (200) TO SELL AT $2.50 EACH. THESE COINS ARE NOT THE PURE SILVER ONES FROM THE SAN FRANSISCO MINT.

Even though there were never any Eisenhower dollars with a P mint...maybe he'll sell them at that price.

I have sold many, many Ikes on Ebay but I don't expect to double your money. I was selling 100 for around $130 w/ free shipping. Maybe you could do better though.
Dr. D, I'm assuming that you made a profit?

Oh sure, I made a profit. Maybe like $20 per 100 lot. I checked and I sold them for $134.99 buy-it-now. After fees and shipping it was around $18-20 profit. But I have sold thousands so it adds up.
 
I agree I too have sold lots of 100 on ebay for as much as $150 and they paid shipping which fits in a small flat rate box at the post office with ins. for around $9

Mojo
 
Hmmmm i havnt sold anything on Ebay in years due to the hassle , might have to rethink that tho. As i mentioned in a earlier post a local coin shop sells them for 1.75 but only buys them for .90.
 
I wouldn't pay anything over a dollar for IKES. I have no problem getting $1000.00 bags for $1000.00 :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:
 
I know I'm not stupid.....but I don't get it. You have a coin shop in your area that pays 90cents for $1 coins? Hey....I'll pay 92 cents.
 
kd5txx said:
I know I'm not stupid.....but I don't get it. You have a coin shop in your area that pays 90cents for $1 coins? Hey....I'll pay 92 cents.
I guess that they at least will be guaranteed a 10 cent profit on a paperweight.
 
Silverminer said:
Alternative method to sell would be Craigslist if you have a secure place to meet(not your house).

Craigslist ad:
CIRCULATED EISENHOWER DOLLAR COIN $1. HARD TO FIND THEM ANYMORE. THESE COINS ARE CIRCULATED AND SOME HAVE NO MINT MARKS AND SOME HAVE THE P MINT ON THEM. I HAVE TWO HUNDRED (200) TO SELL AT $2.50 EACH. THESE COINS ARE NOT THE PURE SILVER ONES FROM THE SAN FRANSISCO MINT.


The silver Ikes are only 40%, none of them were 90% or .999.

Jim
 
How available are the $1000 bags? Has anyone had luck in getting them? I wonder what the silver find rate is in a $1000 bag of Ikes?
 
coinfinder said:
How available are the $1000 bags? Has anyone had luck in getting them? I wonder what the silver find rate is in a $1000 bag of Ikes?
I was able to get almost two bags once (around $1800 I think) I went to an armored transport company to get them. No silver in that batch but a couple of proofs if I remember. After that I just stuck to bank hopping.
 
kd5txx said:
I know I'm not stupid.....but I don't get it. You have a coin shop in your area that pays 90cents for $1 coins? Hey....I'll pay 92 cents.

Odd or dumb as buying them for .90 is he gets or wants to get 1.75 ea selling them. Of course he sells regular halves for.75 ea. He told me sometimes peeps just want to fill a hole in a book when i asked him if anyone pays those prices.
 
coinfinder said:
How available are the $1000 bags? Has anyone had luck in getting them? I wonder what the silver find rate is in a $1000 bag of Ikes?

As I said, I had NO PROBLEM getting $1000.00 bags. Found no Silver either and they are real heavy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom