What's new

hunting days are over...for awhile

birdpointgriswold

Hero Member
Joined
May 23, 2012
Messages
901
Reaction score
228
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've become friends with some of you guys over the past year or so and have really enjoyed this website! But back in nov I got hurt at work and found out this past week I have asvacular necrosis in my left hip...so I was taken out of work and any type of long walking or manual labor...
I don't really know why I'm telling you guys?...I guess what I'm saying is I've learned a lot up here from all of you and you guys are people I look up too and respect.
I guess just say a little prayer for me if you will for a quick recovery. I have no idea when I will be able to get back out and do what I love the most. So keep posting yalls great finds!
Thanks for your time and advice.
It seems ill be having a hip replacement and if anyone has had experience with this type thing I would be glad to hear your experience.
Thanks for your time! Good luck on all of your hunts!
-BPG
 
Upvote 0
Life is full of obstacles, most of which arrive unannounced. I'm sure you will persevere and overcome this hurdle. Two years ago I developed a disease in my tendons that kept me out of the fields and off the shore for most of these past 2 years. But I am bouncing back and I am able to hunt more often now. IMHO, we are here to face and overcome challenges and you will be out there hunting again when the time comes. Hang in there!
 
Had a bad car accident at 28 and had to have complete hip replacement!! Thought life was over but was out and about in about a month and felt great by 6 months! After the first month or so I took physical therapists advice and started walking laps around a shallow part of the pool to help build up strength without the weight. I think that helped speed the recovery the most! After all your just 25 man hell you are still invincible lol!
Keep your spirits up bro and you'll be back diggin in no time!!
 
Thanks for all the kind words guys!
 
I will definitely keep you in my prayers though we never connected
 
Well I tried a lot of things and was just getting worse. Then I found a yoga work out and was getting some mobility back and stamina. I have other issues, and twice your age. This is a great program, can be found on Ebay for about $20.00 bucks. Best 20 dollars I ever spent. Just watch the video, if that doesn't make you tear up and motivate you. https://www.store.ddpyoga.com/
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom