hunting days are over...for awhile

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've become friends with some of you guys over the past year or so and have really enjoyed this website! But back in nov I got hurt at work and found out this past week I have asvacular necrosis in my left hip...so I was taken out of work and any type of long walking or manual labor...
I don't really know why I'm telling you guys?...I guess what I'm saying is I've learned a lot up here from all of you and you guys are people I look up too and respect.
I guess just say a little prayer for me if you will for a quick recovery. I have no idea when I will be able to get back out and do what I love the most. So keep posting yalls great finds!
Thanks for your time and advice.
It seems ill be having a hip replacement and if anyone has had experience with this type thing I would be glad to hear your experience.
Thanks for your time! Good luck on all of your hunts!
-BPG

Upvote 0
Sorry to hear this. If I remember you are kinda young. The good side is that they have been doing this kind of thing for a while now and have most of the bugs worked out on hip replacements. My wife had one done and she was walking in just a few days.

Sorry to hear this. If I remember you are kinda young. The good side is that they have been doing this kind of thing for a while now and have most of the bugs worked out on hip replacements. My wife had one done and she was walking in just a few days.

Yeah man I'm just 25..prob the youngest kid up here haha

Your young and athletic bro.. I know it seems like a long hard road is ahead of you..but they have become really advanced at that procedure and use space age material now a days.. my father had the same operation at age 70 and was so happy he did.
He was completely mobile and pain free in a short period of time.
You will be back at it sooner than you think.
Keep your gun oiled and your engine clean.

Your young and athletic bro.. I know it seems like a long hard road is ahead of you..but they have become really advanced at that procedure and use space age material now a days.. my father had the same operation at age 70 and was so happy he did.
He was completely mobile and pain free in a short period of time.
You will be back at it sooner than you think.
Keep your gun oiled and your engine clean.

Thanks bill!

just don't give up. get second opinions, & find a doc that understands. took almost 5 yrs of screaming pain to find a doc that could help me. It's been almost 20 yrs of no back pain because of a chance encounter with a doc that had the same problem & knew what to do for me. You are in my prayers. & life is good even if you can't go play in the dirt.

just don't give up. get second opinions, & find a doc that understands. took almost 5 yrs of screaming pain to find a doc that could help me. It's been almost 20 yrs of no back pain because of a chance encounter with a doc that had the same problem & knew what to do for me. You are in my prayers. & life is good even if you can't go play in the dirt.

Thanks mamabear!

Do what you've got to do to make yourself better. Then, get healed up and get back to hunting! - Good luck!

Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a quick and complete recovery. My wife will add you to her prayer request line.

Man I'm sorry to hear that. You had started heating up. Keep that Hardaway near you at all times. The man up stairs had that one planted there for you. I feel it's his way of showing you his presence and how your outcome will be. You are strong. You'll have a banner recovery! Preyers out to you brother. 🙏

Rusty

Sorry to hear that I know exactly how you feel, literally. I hurt my back a couple of weeks ago at work and I am in intense pain. I was hoping it was just a muscle strain but it turns out I have a couple of bulging discs and I start treatment with a Chiropractor Monday. Hope you get better soon!

Sorry to hear that I know exactly how you feel, literally. I hurt my back a couple of weeks ago at work and I am in intense pain. I was hoping it was just a muscle strain but it turns out I have a couple of bulging discs and I start treatment with a Chiropractor Monday. Hope you get better soon!

Write man too to! And thanks!

Hey birdpoint I don't really think we have any direct contact but we share a passion and that makes us connected. I am sorry for your illness, maybe we as a group can make video highlights of some of our hunts and you can and u could see everything sorta from a first person perspective. I know it's not the same but I know I would be happy to do some videos if it would help. Just don't expect to see any wide angel stuff so u can figure out where my sites are! Lol

I am certain at this moment that hip replacement is a daunting prospect . . . frightening . . . dismaying. The actual procedure will be much less traumatic. Healing for a 25 year-old will be quick. In a year you'll be bragging about your 'bionic man' hip. What I'm trying to say, BPG, is don't let this problem get you down. It will go well, and you'll be back in the field very soon. You have our best wishes.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Means allot!

Hey birdpoint I don't really think we have any direct contact but we share a passion and that makes us connected. I am sorry for your illness, maybe we as a group can make video highlights of some of our hunts and you can and u could see everything sorta from a first person perspective. I know it's not the same but I know I would be happy to do some videos if it would help. Just don't expect to see any wide angel stuff so u can figure out where my sites are! Lol

That would be awesome!

Just take care of yourself. I hope you get well soon so you can get back out there. There are points to be found with your name on 'em....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back