What's new

I bought this one today.

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do buy from time to time when the hunting is slow in my area like now. I would like to know everyones thoughts on it as to the type of stone it might be. I already know its a Celt and I did see mineral deposits in the stone before I bought it. Now I have a Celt for my collection. Its my Christmas present to me 8-). Thanks, rock
 

Attachments

  • 100_4651.webp
    100_4651.webp
    206.8 KB · Views: 126
  • 100_4652.webp
    100_4652.webp
    212.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 100_4653.webp
    100_4653.webp
    137.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 100_4654.webp
    100_4654.webp
    118 KB · Views: 104
  • 100_4655.webp
    100_4655.webp
    166 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 0
What is the scientific name for green stone?

Been gone awhile, but I must say nice job Rock...I want to find one of those...but I also wonder what "greenstone" is. I have found greenish teal-colored shards of rock at spots where there are artifacts, but that stuff is usually rough. I wish I had a pic to show for comparison. It almost seems like shale? TNmountains probably knows what that stuff is...is it similar?
 
Honestly I think its just a generic name given to any igneous rock that minerals have given a green color.
 
nicely worked bit and in great shape. I have a few that have so many disc marks on them looks like somebody took an ax to them. Nice Celt!
 
I agree with Gators assessment. In VA Greenstone is a metamorphosed Basalt, its found on high ridges and large amounts are also found in cobble form in the creeks. Good job Rock, nice buy.
 
Nice one Rock!
 
Nice celt Rock! Merry Christmas!!!!!
 
It is heavy for the size like a piece of flint in weight. Thanks everyone I have been eyeing it for a couple of weeks. Had to take my loop to check it out before I made a offer on it.
 
Nice stone rock and have a very Merry Christmas :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom