What's new

I cant believe it, I did it again!!

detectahead

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,564
Reaction score
875
Golden Thread
1
Location
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe it, I did it again!!

It was my day off (yesterday) and you know where I went! Went up the same area that I found the platinum. There is a spot where the water rushes through some rocks so I concentrated my efforts there. Got a weak but good signal and started digging. This sucker was down there but the medium tone was still coming in clear. Any time I get those mid tones I don't give up till I see what it is coming from. That yellow looked beautiful against the dark gravel and the happy dance felt real good to! I can't believe my good fortune and still pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. Not even 20 minutes after the gold I got a good solid quarter reading which turned out to be a 12.6 gram honker silver ring! That makes 3 rings in the last 3 hunts that were over 12 grams! Is that insane or what? It will be another week before I can get back to that river because of my work schedule. The gold ring has a date of 7-24-1970, no names except magnolia next to the 14k mark. There are 3 dragons on the silver ring. This last week my wife, two sons and myself went leaf looking in our beautiful mtn surroundings. We are all into photography(except my 10 yr old) so, I included some shots I took on our picnic trip as some extra viewing pleasure. Thanks to all you T-netters out there for looking at my post and leaving your replies. HH Detectahead
 

Attachments

  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    115.3 KB · Views: 1,007
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    95.5 KB · Views: 1,034
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    72 KB · Views: 1,047
  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,061
  • 017.webp
    017.webp
    281.9 KB · Views: 1,062
  • 018.webp
    018.webp
    353.1 KB · Views: 1,086
  • 019.webp
    019.webp
    370.8 KB · Views: 1,109
  • 021.webp
    021.webp
    271.7 KB · Views: 1,100
  • 023.webp
    023.webp
    389.8 KB · Views: 1,119
Upvote 0
Re: I can't believe it, I did it again!!

Nice looking family, nice scenery pictures, nice large silver
ring and nice gold ring. Looks like Life is Good to me. HH
and congrats to ya. Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
Re: I can't believe it, I did it again!!

Nice finds, the leaves are just starting to change in Maryland.
 
Re: I can't believe it, I did it again!!

I liked the fall scenery. When you get the mid tone you have to dig for it.
 
Re: I can't believe it, I did it again!!

Beautiful fall colors, thank you for sharing with us that have summer year round. Nice find on the gold again, WTG. What camera are you using those pictures a beautiful.
 
Re: I can't believe it, I did it again!!

Great finds and photos! Congratulations!!! :notworthy:
 
Re: I can't believe it, I did it again!!

Great rings!!! Were those pics taken from the Parkway? The WNC mountains have been beautiful this year, I agree. However, my camera can never capture what I see.

Magjm
 
Re: I can't believe it, I did it again!!

beautiful scenery! congrats on your silver and gold!
 
Re: I can't believe it, I did it again!!

Detectahead you are on an unbelievable roll. Keep it up, you are definitely onto something... Do people tube down that river? I wish I could join you and learn some tricks if hunting in a rocky area. I struggle hunting around rocks. I have a couple places that I know hold gold but just get frustrated and go to the more sandy areas.... Congrats and keep finding the treasure :icon_pirat:
 
Re: I can't believe it, I did it again!!

Nice gold and silver!!! Congrats!!!
 
Re: I can't believe it, I did it again!!

Congrats on nice finds. Is there a swimming hole nearby ? Just wondering how rings would be in what looks like a beautiful remote area.
Love the pics, I've never been to NC but I intend to visit soon with the intention of retiring there, so you better watch out, I'll be after that yellow stuff too ;D
Regards
Colin
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom