I Cant Believe It

Happens to the best of us, regardless of age. Do you think you left it on a hunt?

Ha Ha! A member friend on here (Limitool) stuck his' Bullseye II under the seat of my' truck in July of 2013 when we went Gold prospecting and I did not find it until this January. He had been looking everywhere for it and I called him the day I shipped it to him in the mail. LOL!!

Frank

If I did, it is gone for sure. It would be somewhere in south east Oklahoma!

Ha Ha! A member friend on here (Limitool) stuck his' Bullseye II under the seat of my' truck in July of 2013 when we went Gold prospecting and I did not find it until this January. He had been looking everywhere for it and I called him the day I shipped it to him in the mail. LOL!!

Frank

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!

I seem to lose digging tools from time to time. One time I was mding a wooded area that was once the site of a Union training camp. To make a long story short I found someone's old coil and other detector parts. Almost like someone got mad and smashed apart there detector! Like finding snapped in half putter in the bushes next to the green at the golf course. LOL!

It can be so easy to loose a tool or pinpointer on your hunt! Once I lost my favorite trowel on a hunt at a large site. Hiked back the next day back for two hours with little hope of finding it again. However, because the handle was a bright orange I spotted it from a long distance away. Maybe it would be a good idea to put bright orange tape on your equipment so it would be easy to find in case it is lost. Your Garrett Pro Pointer is green and would be hard to find in a wooded area. Just a tip!

I have never lost a tool treasure hunting, but then I am the one walking around with tools coated with bright yellow plastic dip painted on the full handles. I use to thin it to paint it on, but now it comes in a spray. When I sit my shovel down to use my 2 box, I stick it in the ground.
Now when I walk around my farm, I find gloves, arrows and even $100 deer calls lost by other hunters. I guess I am just luckey in the lost&found department. Frank...
111-1 profile.jpg

Oh no, that's sad!

A couple of years ago during a fall hunt, my Pro-Pointer slipped out of my
coat pocket while I was climbing over a fallen tree in the woods. When I realized
it was missing, I frantically retraced my steps through the woods and heard it
beeping from under some leaves. . . with it's tip near a small piece of iron!
If it wasn't for that small piece iron on the ground, my Pro-Pointer might still
be out there.

I hope yours turns up soon. . . it's a bummer without one.

Frankn has the right Idea paint them bright colors easier to find but on the light side you keep losing thing you shouldn't tell some people they will be wanting to put you in a home and not yours lol

One time I was hunting a city lake that had beeb drained and realized I had lost my digging tool, so I told some teenagers I would give them $5.00 if they found it and they did! also while dredging my 4lb. sledge hammer and chisel where blending in with the over burden so I painted them safety orange, that solved that problem! Goodluck!.....Scott.

TH Tx- think about the last time you actually saw it, you may have put it down in an odd place.

Ya I've lost tools, I was thinking about attaching some of those "key finder" things to some of them, so if I walk away with out it the receiver beeps, but I've actually lost me! How do you fix that one! Lol! I don't think I'd look too good painted day glow orange! Lol!

Thanks for the sympathy and funny stories. I need a laugh. I KNOW it has to be here in the house or out in my shop. But I've torn my detecting box apart, torn my shop apart and torn my office apart. No Pro Pointer. I am afraid I loaned it out and don't remember. If I did, I can only hope they are honest enough to return it. In the meantime, I will keep looking. But this afternoon I will just have to do it old school and pin point with one of the detectors. Think I am going to a swim area at a local lake to look for whatever!

Somebody will find it with a metal detector.

I put one of the coiled plastic key retainer cords on my Pro Pointer by putting a small self tapping screw on the side of the battery compartment and hook the other end to my tool belt. If the PP falls out or I forget to put it in the pouch, it bounces along behind me. The cord has plenty of length for using the pointer.
luvsdux

Now to ad insult to injury - the swim beach I went to has now been fenced off, closed down and locked up! Oh well, I can always go to my "coin strewn field"!

I can relate. I have lost my left hand glove out in a field a number of times. But I swear it is NOT because I'm getting old!:laughing7:

If I lived closer I'd check for you what town in oklahoma? I'm in seks

The nearest town would probably be Broken Bow. But it sure isn't in town! Thanks anyway.

I lost pin pointer once, but when I sat down I found it real quick. :tongue3:
I hope yours shows up. They aren't cheap. I think I'm going to use some of the tips above so I don't lose my Pro Pointer out in the woods. I'm sure it's just a matter of time.
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back